Why People Need To Back Off Michael Vick

Michael Vick was a great football player for multiple teams and he truly changed the game and revolutionized the way it is played today. However, he made a huge mistake that people cannot seem to get over.

46

I love animals and so do many other people. I have had 2 dogs and 8 cats during my lifetime. My animals have always been like family to me, so I know how much people love and care for animals. Michael Vick went to federal prison for dogfighting. That crime was wrong and I do not support what he did one bit, but what I do support is him being a changed man for the better.

Michael's birthday was last week and I noticed some sports pages posting about it on Instagram and Facebook. many people were telling him a happy birthday and calling him the goat because they have so much respect for his play on the field and some people realize the good he has done off the field. Some people were criticizing him for the dogfighting and how horrible of a human he is and that is not fine. We have all made mistakes in our lives and yes some may not compare to what he did, but we should not hold that against him for the rest of his life.

Michael has taken action for his mistake and has become an activist in the animal rights movement and he been trying to reach people to show them how wrong it is to treat animals in harmful ways. Michael has donated to many charities involving animals and has also tried helping children's charities with his money. He cares a lot about people is driven to help them, succeed because he missed out on a lot of money in the NFL due to his crime, but he still continues to donate money and help people in need.

I follow him on every social media because he is one of my favorite players ever, but more importantly a role model for me as he has changed his life and done his best to repay for those mistakes. He posts all the time asking fans their opinions and feedback on different sports topics because he cares about what they have to say. He is also working as a journalist for Fox showing his knowledge and passion for football. He has written a book and hosted many events for kids in order to teach them football or get them to have some fun they are unable to afford. He puts on free events for younger kids to help them and has done many free meets and greets with his true fans.

I think Michael deserves some love and support for the amazing work he has done to become a changed man and help people who are in need. People make mistakes and I find it wrong of these people to bully him over social media and send death threats over all these years because that is wrong. We as humans are bound to make mistakes, but that does not mean we cannot change and I feel people could learn a lot from Michael Vick and should inspire to make a difference the way he has.