I hate the Paparazzi

I hate the Paparazzi

They are scum of humanity.

117

The paparazzi is one of the nastiest entities to walk the face of the earth. And that is not an exaggeration; there is literally no reason grown men and women need to be walking all over Hollywood with cameras and super long lenses capturing every moment of a celebrity's life. In the past, I've stayed away from anything related to the paparazzi because I can't bother looking into it. My favorite actors and actresses are human beings with a job that is a little more exciting than other people. I understand that the paparazzi make money from the images they take but their practices over the year have become more and more disgusting. It is reasonable to assume that not many people like Paparazzi. Many forms of entertainment like tv shows and cartoons mock the idea of these people running around with cameras; the majority of the time these protagonists are running away from these people and while it can be played up for laughs, recent events have crossed a line for me.

With the release of "Spider-Man: Far From Home" looming there is obviously a large press tour taking place. And with press tours comes hundreds of dedicated fans who just want to see their favorite celebrities. Which there is nothing wrong with respectful fans wanting to see people like Tom Holland. But then there are people who are just there to get money. I'm talking about Gaffers; people who are only interested in stuff like Tom Holland's autograph in order to sell it on eBay. I've never heard of these people until a Twitter moment the other day where a Tom Holland fan was having a panic attack because grown men were pushing her around and trying to bombard Tom to get his autograph. Even if this situation didn't involve a superhero actor, there is no reason this kind of stuff should occur. Especially having a young lady nearly trampled on by grown men because they are greedy for an autograph. They aren't there to see Tom Holland; they're there just to get that signature to make some money. Following up with the situation, Tom Holland was visibly angry with the gaffers and smacked their papers out of their hands. Definitely some well-deserved retaliation. Because it's just wrong that this young woman was nearly trampled by these men and I'm glad Tom stepped up and was not idle.

My hatred for paparazzi still flourishes with other celebrities. Keeping up with the Kardashians was on and obviously, I had to watch it because at this point my brain is wired to watched it thanks to my friends at school. So anyway it was the episode where Khloe Kardashian is confronted with the hold Tristan and Jordyn situation. And as the credits roll you see Khloe attending a charity event that she is contracted in attending. It is literally happening the same day as all the news about Tristan and Jordyn hooking up. And while she walks down the carpet you just hear all the reporters and paparazzi asking about the situation like: "Are you and Tristan still together" etc. And my mom who was watching it with me explained how she went through something similar when she had me. Obviously, not to the extent of the Kardashians but she was a single mom for a time and people did ask questions on where my biological father went. So watching that scene play out even as the credits rolled disgusted me. These paparazzi people seem to think they have more power now than ever thanks to social media.

Thanks to stuff like Twitter and Instagram, we as a society are wired to just know every little thing about a celebrity. And people think they can say whatever they want because they are behind a screen. Like with actress Lexi Rabe, a seven-year-old girl who played Morgan Stark, Tony Stark's daughter in "Avengers: Endgame" (2019). New recently came out explaining how people online were harassing her and her family and saying nasty things about her. It seems to have spelled out due to possibly the family not wanting to sign autographs while they were out for the day. And that's totally understandable because at the end of the day this is still a seven-year-old little girl who wants to live life and whatnot. It's disgusting that people are justifying this saying how: "since she's famous she has to take all this bullying and learn to move past it." I don't think we should be teaching our kids that bullying is normal. We should be striving to end bullying. Sure they need to understand why some bullying happens but at the end of the day, we as a society should be striving to a world where everyone feels welcomed and safe. And this is coming from a pessimist!

At the end of the day, this is just my little rant about the whole situation with the paparazzi. They are protected under the first amendment (freedom of press and whatnot) so we can't just get rid of them. But there have to be restrictions. I shouldn't be seeing on Twitter an article about how a reporter got an image of Justin Bieber while he was naked in his own home. Hopefully, we can put an end to this whole media frenzy thing. At least I hope so. Because at the end of the day these are normal people with normal lives. Just like us.