66 Bible Verses For When You're In 'The Valley'

A journey through the Bible while you navigate your valley.

5900
The Praying Woman

We've all been there. We've all found ourselves thrown into a valley or fallen into a pit. Whether that be another bout of depression, the loss of a loved one, enduring trials, or facing difficulties across any part of your life, we have all been there. The valley is dark and treacherous, so listen to Tauren Wells' song, Hills and Valleys, to remind yourself of God's sovereignty and presence no matter where you are, and then read through these 66 Bible verses (and let them speak for themselves & let God speak through them to you) to help you navigate your way through the darkest times of your life.

Genesis 1:3

"And God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

Exodus 20:2

“'I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.'"

Leviticus 19:18

“‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.'"

Numbers 23:19

"God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

Deuteronomy 31:6

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Judges 6:9

"'I rescued you from the hand of the Egyptians. And I delivered you from the hand of all your oppressors; I drove them out before you and gave you their land.'"

Ruth 3:5

“'I will do whatever you say,' Ruth answered."

1 Samuel 3:4

"Then the Lord called Samuel. Samuel answered, 'Here I am.'”

2 Samuel 7:9

"'I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth.'"

1 Kings 2:3

"...observe what the Lord your God requires: Walk in obedience to him, and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and regulations, as written in the Law of Moses. Do this so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go."

2 Kings 17:18

"So the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them from his presence."

1 Chronicles 17:19

"'Lord, For the sake of your servant and according to your will, you have done this great thing and made known all these great promises.'"

2 Chronicles 1:7

"That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, 'Ask for whatever you want me to give you.'"

Ezra 10:11

"Now honor the Lord, the God of your ancestors, and do his will. Separate yourselves from the peoples around you and from your foreign wives.”

Nehemiah 9:11

"You divided the sea before them, so that they passed through it on dry ground, but you hurled their pursuers into the depths, like a stone into mighty waters."

Esther 4:14

"...Perhaps you were born for such a time as this."

Job 19:25

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth."

Psalm 46:1-3

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, and the mountains quake with their surging."

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

Ecclesiastes 3:1

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."

Song of Songs 2:11

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone."

Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Jeremiah 32:27

“I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

Lamentations 3:22

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail."

Ezekial 36:26

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

Daniel 12:3

"Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever."

Hosea 6:1

“Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds."

Joel 2:12

“'Even now,' declares the Lord, “'return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.'"

Amos 3:7

"Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets."

Obadiah 1:15

“The day of the Lord is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head."

Jonah 2:8

“Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them."

Micah 6:8

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Nahum 1:7

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him."

Habakkuk 3:19

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights."

Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

Haggai 1:5

"Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Give careful thought to your ways.'"

Zechariah 1:3

"Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty."

Malachi 3:6

“I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed."

Matthew 11:28

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Mark 9:43

"If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out."

Luke 19:10

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Acts 4:12

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

1 Corinthians 10:13

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

2 Corinthians 5:7

"For we live by faith, not by sight."

Galatians 5:22-23

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Ephesians 6:10-12

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Philippians 4:6

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Colossians 1:13

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves"

1 Thessalonians 5:17

"Pray without ceasing."

2 Thessalonians 3:5

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance."

1 Timothy 6:7

"For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it."

2 Timothy 2:3

"Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."

Titus 3:7

"so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."

Philemon 1:25

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit."

Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

James 1:2

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds"

1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

2 Peter 3:9

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

1 John 2:15

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them."

2 John 1:10

"If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them."

3 John 1:4

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."

Jude 1:2

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance."

Revelation 21:4

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”