6 Ways To Get Into The Holiday Season When You're Away From Home

Because there is simply no excuse not to have Christmas cheer.

3
Peanuts

It's not easy being away from home for the holiday season. We aren't surrounded by our families' extravagant cooking, and we don't pass by the big tree every morning on our way out the door. But with these little tips, it's possible to bring the feeling of Christmas into your new home away from home.

1. Eat a Candy Cane

The first way to get into the spirit is by reminding your taste buds what time of the year it is. Buy a box, hang some around your room, and eat the rest, but just one a day! The last thing you need to ruin your joy is a cavity. ;)

2. Listen to Christmas Music

So your mouth is on board, but now your ears… There’s no better way to jog your memory than by listening to the holiday songs you grew up listening to, the ones you decorated your tree to, the ones you waited for Santa to. So, now you might as well study for finals to them, or even host a pregame to . So find your station - 106.7 Light fm is a personal fave – and get nostalgic!

3. Chocolate Advent Calendar

What better way is there to count down the days to the most magical day of the year, than to check off each day by gifting yourself with the search for the tiniest (most delicious) piece of chocolate.

4. Watch Christmas movies

Get your mind into the sprit by seeing all of the clay little people who originally taught you the true meaning of Christmas. See the journey of a young Santa Claus, the struggles a young little reindeer had to endure just to hangout with the crowd, a very cool chubby white guy who melted away every time he had the chance to have some fun, and some bipolar twins who tried to get in the head of poor Mrs. Claus when she was just trying to help out her man when he was a little under the weather. If you don’t have access to these incredible classics, ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas can be a great help.

(P.S. If you didn't see these movies you had absolutely no childhood)

5. Decorate your room

Time to let your creativity shine, and if you struggle in this department, remember, Pinterest is your friend. There is no cozier feeling than walking into your tiny little dorm room illuminated with warm small holiday lights. Decorate your door with a little wrapping paper and a bow to be welcomed home everyday with some Christmas cheer, and stick a mini Christmas tree on your windowsill for the true holiday effect. Maybe if you’re good, Santa will even come while you’re sleeping and put something under your tree!

6) Drink Hot Chocolate and Wear Fuzzy Pajamas

The best way to celebrate Christmas and be a warm person to others, is by being a warm person in yourself. So pop a K-Cup in your Keurig, slip into your fuzziest pajamas, and by the time you change, I’m sure your little cup of love will be done brewing. Cuddle up with it, throw on some Sinatra, and feel the warmest you’ll ever feel.

Merry Christmas!