6 Ways To Save Our Planet By Conserving Water

The California drought affects our health and our environment; it is time we take action. The world is in our hands.

595

I’m sure that you are all aware about the drought in California. This drought which has been going on for about four to five years now is at its worst. Although the leading use of water in the U.S is from agriculture, we are still a large factor in the use of water. We should all take a part in helping our state conserve as much water as possible so we can have enough water to hydrate our body and help our environment. Here is a list of things that we can do to conserve water:

1. Turn off the water while you are brushing your teeth.

I know we all sometimes forget to turn off the water but the amount that is being wasted every morning and night can quickly add up to gallons of water a week.

2. Time your showers to about ten minutes or less.

We’ve all had moments in the shower where we just stand there thinking about life. We use the shower as a way to help us find solutions to our problems, but we forget how long we’ve been in the shower because of that. Taking short showers can help us solve one of our problems, which happens to be the drought.

3. Wash your car every 2-3 months instead of once every week.

Cutting down on the amount of times you wash your car will save us a lot of water. There are other ways for keeping your car looking clean that doesn’t involve much water. For example using a wet washcloth to dust off the dirt from your car can make it look as if it just got washed.

4. If you have a lawn, water it once or twice a week instead of five times a week.

You can also switch your lawn to other alternatives that will save water like rocks, cement, or even artificial grass.

5. Have your toilets changed to the ultra-high-efficiency toilets.

There are many toilet companies that will give you a free water-saving toilet in exchange for your old one. This toilet conserves more water than your traditional toilets and also thoroughly clears the bowl with one flush. There is no need for double flushing.

6. Wash full loads of laundry to minimize the use of water.

Instead of having to wash every weekend, wash every two weeks so that you have a good amount of clothes to be washed. You can also gather the clothes of everyone in your home and wash them all together to conserve water.

The less water you use, the less money you have to spend on your water bill and the more you are helping out our environment.

From Your Site Articles