6 Types Of Group Chats That You Are Probably In

A relatable list of all the group chats we are currently in.
860

Group chats could be a gift from God or a total nightmare. They could either consume your whole day and be a total distraction or could be left on "do not disturb" and never spoken in. Either way, it is clear that there are around 6 different types of group chats that people are usually in. As the years go on the settings and tools for group chats constantly advance but the people in the group chat remain the same.

1. The "Family" Group Chat

Family group chats are a place to brag about your accomplishments, ask to donate money to whatever philanthropy you are currently involved in, and for Grandma to send a text message with a million emojis.

Family group chats are not written in every day and are certainly not where you share your juicy gossip. However, they are important to catch up with your family who may live all over the country. Although every family is different, every family GROUP CHAT is the same.

2. The "Home Friends" Group Chat

This group chat is one you had forever, or at least since high school. It is your best friends in which you share all of your gossip with. However, things get tricky once college starts because most of you will separate and make new friends and overall new lives.

These group chats are home to countless ugly selfies, bad grade rants, homesick feelings, and much more. It is important to stay in touch with these friends if you are ever looking for a piece of home. These group chats are usually written in every day, but if it's not every day it will be at least a few times a week.

3. The "College Friends" Group Chat

This group chat is home to all the new, close friends you meet throughout the first semester of college. You guys are already close enough and it feels like your home friend group chat with a slight personality difference.

This group chat will stay with you for the next years of college and probably for years after that. You will share internship and job details here and not to mention who the latest significant other is. College friends are like the family you never had and you have 4 years to make countless memories.

4. The "Camp Friends" Group Chat

Anyone who went to camp knows how important these friends are. Although you usually only see these friends for 2 months out of the year, they are some of your closest friendships you will ever have. This group chat is used to count down the days until camp even if the number is at 344.

This group chat is used for vent sessions, discussions about Saturday night's party, "home friend" drama, and so much more. There is nothing better than looking forward to a weekend meet up with your summer family. Without your campies, you could find yourself lost.

5. The "Teen Tour Friends" Group Chat

For those who went on a teen tour, you know how close you can get to a group of people in just a few, short weeks (shoutout UCLA!). Teen tour friends are similar to camp friends however you only go on one trip together for one summer yet you come out as a big family of brothers and sisters from around the country.

Sometimes the teen tour group chat can die out a little bit but you know that as soon as you type in it, you will get instant responses. You will constantly reminisce about memories and confess how you would do ANYTHING to go back on that trip with the people you love. Even though after the trip you will all go your separate ways, you will always know in your heart they are just one text away for amazing support.

6. The "Class Friends" Group Chat

Nobody likes doing homework alone. Or homework at all for that matter. But when you have a group chat with friends from your class it makes life easier. These chats are used for due date questions, homework help, and sometimes a way to see what's going on a Friday night. Even though these are not your closest friends, it is still a great way to receive homework help and any other questions you may have throughout the semester.

As you can tell, group chats are vital. It is hard to think back to the times where we did not have this luxury. It is interesting to think about how many group chats we are actually in and how each group chat has a different personality and atmosphere. I know that without my group chats I would be lost in the world, and I'm sure everybody else feels the same way.