7 Things You Can Do When Your Roommate's Out Of Town

I love my roommate, but I miss me-time, too.

159

It's almost always a pleasant surprise when your roommate finally goes home for the holidays, or decides to dip out for the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love my roommate, with extra frilly emphasis on that word "love," but we all need a little downtime every now and again. I'm not proud of these, but here are some great (personally tested) reasons to look forward to being alone during those lonely times:

1. You don't have to close the door when you go to the bathroom

OK, maybe this was just me, but I was weirdly thrilled when I realized I didn't have to close the door behind me when I went to go make a deposit. So many opportunities, so much air to breathe. Yeah, I think it was just me.

2. You can play your music as loudly as you want

When I say as loudly as you want, I mean I want it to be Adele-screaming-"Hello"-through-bad-service loud and that-bass-is-going-to-traumatize-future-Hannah loud.

3. Random dancing

Honestly, I just wanted to use this GIF and make everyone uncomfortable

4. You can look through your roommate's stuff

Syke? Never would I ever condone snooping and questionable behavior? But what if she has some seriously dangerous objects in her closet? I need to investigate for my own safety's sake, of course.

5. You can be pantsless, like, always

Pants restrict my blood flow and the doctor suggests I don't wear them anyway.

6. You can get ripped so your roommates will be super impressed and intimidated by you when they get back

This is me every time I exit the gym on my annual visit. No need to crowd me, and of course I'll sign your baby.

7. You can shamelessly binge-watch Netflix when you end up not going to the gym

When number 6 doesn't work out, which we both know is bound to happen, you can eat your feelings and distract yourself by watching fictional characters deal with their own problems. And that's OK.

Take advantage of the privacy while it lasts, because soon enough you'll have to navigate into your underwear under your towel and we'll all be back to square one.