6 Things I Hope My Future Self Will Remember, When The Time Comes

Blessings that we sometimes forget about.
630

To my Future Self,

You are changing. You are changing physically, you are changing emotionally, and you are changing mentally. No matter where this change resides, it has happened.

This is me and this is my reminder to my future self.

1. Family

Remember where you came from. Family will always be an important component in your life. Being a part of a traditional family is its very own blessing. I have come to realize how incredibly blessed I am to be surrounded by so much love and care. Do not forget your role as a daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece and even great granddaughter. When so much of my time is spent away from them now, I come to realize and see all the amazing life lessons that they alone have taught me. Don’t forget them. You have been taught to love the people closest to you unconditionally. You were taught to thrive as an individual. You are the source of your own happiness. Never forget that your family will be there whenever you need them. Do not forget the statuses that your family has led you to achieve as well. You are a great leader, you are a hard worker, you are a loving sister, and you are a caring daughter. Do not forget that. Without the right guidance, you would not be the person you are today and will be tomorrow.

2. Relationships

This is just the beginning. You have so many more people and relationships that you will make. With the one’s that you make, do not forget the one’s you must maintain. Remember that your family is not always by blood. You have family that you have chosen. Don’t forget the one’s you grew up with. The one’s who have always known your strengths and weaknesses, your failures, your successes. The one’s who have grown with you. Along with the old, welcome the new. Welcome the one’s who want to hear about your life. The one’s who want to learn about your values. Don’t forget to open your heart and mind to the ones who strive to learn more about you.

3. Love

Do not fear heartbreak. You were lucky to grow up in a culture where love was very prevalent. It is inevitable that you will meet people that will come and go. You will get your heart broken as you have once before, but that just means that there is someone out there who has more love and happiness to offer you. Be excited! Do not fear. Being afraid will prevent you from some of the most exciting experiences of your lifetime. If you love someone, tell them. There is no such thing as only one true love. Don’t forget that.

4. Be positive

Do not waste your time fretting over things that are not worth it. There is enough negativity in the world already. Be the yellow in someone’s life. Offer a smile to a stranger. You never know who you impact and how you impact them. You could save a life by simply choosing positivity.

5. Choose kindness

Open a door for a stranger, pay for the person in line behind you, write a letter to an old friend. The smallest acts of kindness leave the biggest impact on a person’s life. The feeling of joy and fulfillment that you get from one act of kindness can last a lifetime. There is no better feeling than knowing that you were the light in someone’s darkest day.

6. Chase your dreams

If you want to travel, do it. If you want to run a marathon, do it. If you want to eat a full tub of ice cream, do it. You can’t live a life where you are always asking “what if?” Live a life where you are always asking “remember when?” It is all the “remember when’s” that will make for great stories for your children. It’s the “remember when’s” that will bring a smile to your face years later. It is the “remember when’s” that fill your life with joy. Do not spend life regretting things you should’ve done. If you want it, go get it. Things in life won’t be handed to you. The hard work that you are putting in now will be life-changing to you later.

To my future self, never forget the most important things in your life. Remember the people who have gotten you this far; family. Remember the people who have blessed you with so many amazing memories; friends. Remember the man who has woven this successful and fulfilling path for you; God. Remember to be the yellow in a person’s life. Remember that you must work for your dreams, but the outcome will be well worth it. Remember to love unconditionally. Remember that you have changed and will continue to change. Remember, a life lead by kindness and joy is the most fulfilling life you could lead.

Sincerely,

Your Past Self