6 Things we Know from Season 6 Episode 1 of American Horror Story

Let's take a look into what we learned from the first episode of American Horror Story: My Roanoke Nightmare

28
ahs6gallery

We survived the Murder House, escaped the Asylum, casted spells in the Coven, joined the Freak Show, and checked out of the Hotel. Now the time has come season six. Wednesday night season six of American Horror Story premiered on FX. During the premiere they flashed on the screen several times throughout the night the words My Roanoke Nightmare. However, there hasn’t been much so far to tell us what exactly my Roanoke Nightmare is. Here is what we do know about it so far.

1. It's set up like a murder mystery show

This was the biggest twist for season six yet. The main characters Shelby (Lily Rabe) and Matt (Andre Holland) talk about what happened to them in a documentary format like. While they tell what happened to them Sarah Paulson and Cuba Gooding Jr play Shelby and Matt in a reenactment that switches between them throughout the duration of the show.

2. There is a creepy house in the middle of nowhere

Yes what starts off a murder mystery better than an old house alone in the woods of North Carolina. Shelby and Matt move into their new home that seemed to be a slight fixer up but really it’s going to be what appears to be their worse nightmare.

3. Shelby miscarried a baby before they moved

In the beginning Shelby and Matt talked about how they miscarried a baby and decided they wanted to start over in a new place. Right now this doesn’t have much meaning but knowing how this show usually plays out the creators would not have the scene unless it meant something.

4. They have some angry hillbilly neighbors

What is up with the crazy hillbilly’s that wanted to buy Shelby and Matt’s house. Are they the ones who are terrorizing the couple or did their warning they gave them in the beginning mean something more than sheer anger and threats?

5. There is something creepy going on in the house

Yes. Even if you didn’t see the first episode you could have probably guessed this, it’s a given but we need to talk about what these creepy things really are. Matt blames everything on the hillbilly’s but are they really capable of making teeth fall from the sky, what about those too creepy woman that Shelby saw in the hallway. Is this all being done merely by human beings or is there more to this mystery?

6. There is worse to come

After the show ended Wednesday night there were still so many questions left. How are some of the confirmed actors like Kathy Bates, Lady Gaga, and Evan Peter’s going to play a role in this season? What exactly does Roanoke mean? Is the whole season going to be in the Investigation Discovery murder mystery format? All we can really say at this point is that there will be more in store to come and isn’t going to be pretty.