6 Things To Do In The Snow

6 Things To Do In The Snow

Six wonderful things to do in the snow that has fallen around us all.

18
6 Things To Do In The Snow

Recently, snow has begun to fall all across the east coast. Seeing as this is the first snow of the year where I live, I think it is important to revisit all the options of things that can be done in the snow.

1. Snow art

This is a new thing, but you can make art with your footprints in the snow. It can look so cool, or horrendous. Either way, it is extremely fun to try and create something beautiful.

2. Snow angels

This childhood favoriteis one that has to be done before the snow begins to melt. Of course, it is always better to make these stunning angels on the first day of snow while it is plush and fluffy. This is so that it comforts you as you lay in it, unlike icy covered snow that feels like needles as you move your arms.

3. Igloo

This is something that most people don't think to do, but it is actually very interesting. Once your masterpiece of an igloo is complete all you have to do is crawl inside. Literally, crawl unless it is a monster igloo. And once you are in the igloo you will actually begin to warm up. Since you are basically trapped it traps the warm air inside of it as well to help keep you heated in your endeavor.

4. Snow fortress

A snow fortress is similar to the igloo described above, but less cozy. It is perfect for when you deicde to make the pile of snowballs you need for the epic snowball fight. Any fortress made will help to protect from the enemies snowballs that ar being flung at you. It may even seem like the fortress will come to life jump up and protect you.

5. Snow balls/Snow ball fights

This is the staple of haing an amazing snow covered childhood. Those hard icy spherical creations have always been one of my favorite things to throw around. And when you hit your enemy its like a big relief has lifted off of your chest. But, once you get struck down, you have to hurry back up and keep fighting. Then once it is over, reconciliation must be in order over a cup of steaming hot hot chocolate.

6. Snow men

This is another staple of a snow experienced childhood. These men, or women, that seem to come to life as soon as their eyes are screwed into place brighten every snow covered day. Each time they are on display, the word "Frosty" comes to mind. Also, while building them with friends, it really brings you together as you build either a magnificent snow figure or a sloppy oblong one.

All of these things are amazing parts of the snow that is closing in around us. But, the snow does have its problems. It makes driving hell and makes going to work one of the hardest things in the world. If you ignore those side effects and take a minute to witness the snow around you, you will experience the magic.