6 Things I Still Text My Mom About

6 Things I Still Text My Mom About

Never too old.

29
6 Things I Still Text My Mom About
CBS Local

Over the years transitioning from teenager to (barely) adult, I've learned a lot of things. There are a lot of big and small changes, and rarely is there something that remains constant. Though for me, I've noticed that there is one thing I've carried over from my younger years and will inevitably follow me throughout my entire life: texting my mom. No matter how big or how small of a problem, she is always there to help. She somehow has not gotten sick of my incessant pestering about the exact same things, but that's what moms are for, right? Though there are plenty of different things you can find in our text conversations, here are just a few of the questions I ask on a rather frequent basis:

1. How to heat up food

No matter how many times I've made something for myself, I still have to double check that what I'm doing won't ruin my food. Google can be useful, but why spend 30 seconds looking it up when I can text my mom and wait 20 minutes for a response? She's more trustworthy than a search engine anyway.

2. What kind of medicine to take

I always triple check when it comes to taking medicine. I'm so paranoid that I'll take the wrong type of medicine or too much of it and I'll be knocked unconscious for the rest of the week. Thankfully, I just shoot her a text and she lists it all out for me, to ease my concern. A mother and a doctor all in one.

3. To schedule an appointment for me

On the off chance she can't cure me herself, I still desperately need her to call and set up a doctor's appointment for me. Not just because I'm a child trapped inside of an adult and want her to do it because I'm scared, but because she knows all of the right doctors. I also enjoy it when she takes it upon herself to schedule my hair appointments. She's the real MVP.

4. What the weather is like

No matter how early I have to be up and out of the house, she's always started her day way before me. Therefore, she has the knowledge of what kind of outfit I need to put together before stepping outside. The weather channel isn't as useful as my mother. What does a simple number tell me? Nothing! My mom provides all the necessary details. She lets me know how cold, wet, windy, hot, or humid it is and exactly the kind of clothing to go with the weather that particular day.

5. What time something is on TV

I know this one is just incredibly lazy, but I can't help it. I rely on my DVR far too much to memorize a TV schedule. Despite the fact she also has her own DVR, she still has a better idea of when our favorite show is on. All I have to do is ask for the time and she promptly responds to inform me.

6. Where to find something

Sometimes praying to St. Anthony isn't even enough to bring about a missing item. My mom just knows where things are, always. Even if she tells me the exact location, I have such trouble finding it that she usually has to come help me herself. Without fail, she always brings it out of hiding and I'm amazed each and every time. The only time I don't feel bad bothering her about something that has gone missing is when she borrows my clothes and I'm left to guess where they ended up.

I'm sure that in a few years time I will be able to figure most of these out on my own, but I guarantee that there's never going to be a time I don't text my mom about something when I need help, no matter the case. She just knows everything.