6 Steps to Choose Your Perfect Vacation Spot

6 Steps To Follow To Decide On The Perfect Vacation Spot

Vacations are necessities, not luxuries.

49
https://www.pexels.com/photo/action-blur-car-child-386009/

Trying to decide on a holiday spot is a tiring and lengthy process which is why a lot of trips never happen. After a few days of planning, everyone gets tired of deciding on a place and so the plan is usually dropped.

Well, what if I told you that you can plan an epic vacation without having a horrible headache? Yes, it is possible in 6 simple steps! So, get your ball rolling because, this autumn/winter break, you are going to have the most amazing holiday of your life!

1. Set a budget for yourself.

The first mistake that a lot of people do while deciding on a holiday destination is that they forget to account for their savings. Yeah, people, you can dream about Europe trip but if you have just 300 USD in your bank account, it would be better to stick to a cheaper location.

Trust me, whenever I decide on a place, I always calculate my savings before deciding on a place. Till date, the most expensive trip that I have undertaken is the one to Seychelles, which was again accomplished in just 730 USD!

2. Consider the leaves and holidays available.

Once you have your budget set, you will need to focus on your holidays and leaves situation. Will you have sufficient days to travel? Would you need to take an additional leave or will the allotted holidays do?

After you have figured this all out, you would know how many days you have at your hands to use. This will also give you an idea if you should go to a nearby vacation spot or if you could be slightly relaxed and travel a bit farther away.

3. Decide on the duration of your holiday.

This is the next important step in deciding where you can head out to make the most of your holidays! Decide on how long you want to be going. Is it going to be a 3-day trip or a 10-day long vacation? After all, how long can you stay and just enjoy delicious wine in the Napa Valley!

But just 2-3 days in Miami or Hawaii sounds horrible and less too! So, think it carefully and then choose a duration which will suit your timetable and will also allow you to fully enjoy yourself.

4. Research on the best places to visit.

Whenever I have planned a trip till now, whether it be a local or an international one, I have always done my due research to determine if it will be a right fit for me or not. For example: when I was in India for my birthday and I wanted to go on a trip, I checked all the nearby countries.

Finally, I decided on Cambodia because Angkor Wat complex had always fascinated me and it seemed that there were some amazing beaches here to chill too. I can't even describe how happy I was with this decision because Cambodia beaches are definitely gorgeous and tranquil.

5. Check the flight availability during this time.

Now, hold your horses before you fix on the place. You also need to check the flight prices and availability during your holiday time. If the flight price is going to be a huge issue, skip that place and search for a place which will be cheaper to reach.

Also, always be on a lookout for any discounts or flight offers as this can greatly help you on your trip.

6. Check the daily cost of living.

Finally, if the flight prices are affordable and you know that this place has many interesting places to explore, you can move on to the last step. Now, you need to determine if you can afford to live in this place or not, even for a small duration. Check the cost of food, accommodation, and other expenses.

In fact, there are several websites like Numbeo, etc. which actually break down the daily cost for you. This makes it simpler for you to decide if you can visit this place right now or should you save it to your bucket list.

So, what are you waiting for now? Get planning and finally make your dream trip happen!