6 Little Ways To Save And Earn $$ That Can Go A Long Way

When was the last time you checked the bottom of you receipt?

30

Going to college in America is expensive and I have some ways for you to save on expenses such as food and fashion so you don't feel guilty spending money on things that make you feel better!

Download food apps, take advantage of their rewards systems.

Name a food chain or convenience store and they most likely have an app on that you can download, make an account for, and collect points and work towards rewards. Food chains such as Chipotle, Starbucks, Dunkin', and countless more have applications. Also, food services such as Grubhub, Postmates, and Ritual offer many discounts to smaller businesses.

Student Discounts.

Always keep your student ID on you and make it a habit to ask for student discounts every time you go shopping, it never hurts to ask! There are also websites such as UNiDays and StudentBeans that give you specific codes to some websites such as H&M and ASOS for a discount.

Check your receipts!

Unless we're making a big purchase or plan on returning something, we often discard our receipts or sometimes we don't even collect them at the register. You're potentially throwing away opportunities to save or earn money! Auntie Anne's gives you a buy one get one free pretzel if you fill out a survey and return with a verification code! Other stores like Walgreen's and TJMaxx have surveys that enter you for a chance to win money! The chances of you winning might be slim, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Use up your punch cards.

Punch cards, most often used in coffee shops, are an incentive to keep customers coming back. Utilize these and punch out your cards to work towards a free coffee or pastry!

Download apps that are made for saving money!

Groupon, RetailMeNot, and Rakuten are just some examples of apps that are specifically designed to help you save money! They exist, so why not use them?

Participate in research.

Current Studies – Child and Adolescent Development of Emotion, Personality and Psychopathology Lab

sites.temple.edu

Make sure to check out your university's bulletin board or other resources for participation in research. Many graduate students seek participants for their dissertation and offer incentives such as gift cards