Over winter break, I read a book called Everyday by David Levithan that I absolutely fell in love with. Everyday is about a teenager who wakes up in a different body with a different life to live everyday, yet is in love with the same girl. It gives you a new perspective on life and makes you truly appreciate the people you hold close. It will teach you how to love with no boundaries and pursue all your hearts desires. These quotes about love are simple, genuine, and pure, just like love should always be.
1. "What is it about the moment you fall in love? How can such a small measure of time contain such enormity? I suddenly realized why people believe in deja vu, why people believe they've lived past lives, because there is no way the years I've spent on this earth could possibly encapsulate what I'm feeling. The moment you fall in love feels like it has centuries behind it, generations- all of them rearranging themselves so that this precise, remarkable intersection could happen. In your heart, in your bones, no matter how silly you know it is, you feel that everything has been leading to this, all the secret arrows were pointing here, the universe and time itself crafted this long ago, and you are just now realizing it, you are now just arriving at the place you were always meant to be."
2. "People take love's continuity for granted, just as they take their body's continuity for granted. They don't realize that the best thing about love is its regular presence. Once you can establish that, it's an added foundation to your life. But if you cannot have that regular presence, you have the one foundation to support you, always."
3. "That's what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. And when it's just the two of you, alone in a room, you can pretend that this is how it is, this is how it will be."
4. "I wanted love to conquer all. But love can't conquer anything. It can't do anything on its own. It relies on us to do the conquering on its behalf."
5. "Every person is a possibility. The hopeless romantics feel it most acutely, but even for others, the only way to keep going is to see every person as a possibility."
6. "When the first love ends, most people eventually know there will be more to come. They are not through with love. Love is not through with them. It will never be the same as the first, but it will be better in different ways."
Love love with all your heart, and never let go.