6 Shows Everyone Should Watch On Netflix

Maybe just one more episode.

65
Google

It's no secret that there are a huge amount of awesome TV shows to watch on Netflix. Like many, I am a big fan of TV and am not ashamed to admit that I've binged watched many a show in my time. Netflix is full of so many amazing shows that it's hard to choose just one. I tend to like the short, 20 minute sitcoms because they are easier to binge watch and keep you entertained. However, some of the longer shows are worth the watch too. To narrow it down, here are six shows on Netflix that are essential for TV lovers:

1. "How I Met Your Mother"

This show follows the lovelorn Ted Mosby and his best friends as they deal with love, adventure and life in New York City over a period of several years. In the show, Ted explains to his future children the events leading up to his meeting their mother, hence the name. This show is not only hilarious but also has poignant moments and likable characters that make it worth the watch.

2. "Grace and Frankie"

"Grace and Frankie" stars the amazing Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. It is about two older women, one a hippie art teacher and one a retired cosmetics mogul who tolerate each other's company only because their husbands, Sol and Robert, are best friends and business partners. When the two men admit to being lovers, Grace and Frankie must deal with the consequences, forging an unlikely friendship in the process. This show is extremely funny and touching, a definite must see. Season 1 is on Netflix at the moment and season two is coming on May 6!

3. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

This witty, fast-paced sitcom is created by the hilarious Tina Fey, so who wouldn't want to watch it? It's about a woman named Kimmy, who survived an apocalyptic cult in an underground bunker for fifteen years and is trying to adjust to modern times. She scores a job as a nanny for the son of an upper class, high-strung woman named Jaqueline and learns lessons about adult life in the process. The show has many zany and fun characters and isn't afraid to get crazy and strange at times, making it all the more funny. Season one is airing on Netflix now, and season two is coming on April 15!

4. "Sherlock"

"Sherlock" features hour-long episodes and its mind-blowing mysteries and engaging characters will be sure to keep you entertained. Although the episodes are long, they are very worth the watch. The show is a modernized version of--you guessed it--Sherlock Holmes, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman among others. Each episode features a new case that Sherlock and John Watson must solve. While it's true that the seasons of this show come out slowly, the episodes are long enough so that if you start watching now, you will be caught up just in time for the next season.

5. "Portlandia"

A satire of life in Portland, Oregon, "Portlandia" truly showcases the city's slogan, "Keep Portland Weird". Starring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, Portlandia documents the everyday goings-on of the city. From putting birds on things to feminist bookstores, "Portlandia" makes fun of the "hipster" lifestyle of the city dwellers. The episodes are short and there are already five seasons of the show. A sixth season is currently airing.

6. "Master of None"

"Master of None" stars comedian Aziz Ansari as Dev, a thirty-year-old actor in New York City and his ordeals with dating, race and family. The show is a comedy but deals with real life issues in a way that is smart and interesting. Each episode is half an hour. The episodes from season one are now on Netflix and due to its popularity, the show was just renewed for a new season to come out in 2017!

Enjoy!