Cons Of Taking Summer Classes

6 Reasons You Should Never Take Classes During The Summer

I fully regret my decision to take summer classes this year.

26
Lauren Yu

I am two weeks away from being done with summer classes, but holy crap...I am starting to regret my decision to take classes this summer. Here's my advice to all college students: do not take summer classes just to "get my requirements done with faster" or "to graduate early."

1. It is SO hot. This summer has truly been one filled with icecream and headaches.

2. You feel like you’re the only one suffering with midterms, finals, and papers because everyone else is on vacation.

3. Speaking of vacation, it is sad when your social media is filled with people posting about how much fun they’re having in Europe while the only thing you’re seeing is your textbook.

4. The classes are at least two hours long at least two times during the week. That is way too long.

5. Summer classes are SO expensive. Each credit is like a hundred bucks.

6. It’s hard to find time to have fun when your professors assign you tons of assignments.

Yes, you will be done with summer classes in a few weeks, but ask yourself: is it worth it?