6 Reasons Why I Can't Wait To Go Back To College

What's not to love about college?

194
Sara Clemens

With the new school year starting in a few weeks, it's just about time to start getting ready for another exciting year. Personally, I cannot wait to go back to school. I didn't really want to leave in the first place this past spring, but staying there for the summer wasn't in the cards. I've compiled a list of a few things that I'm most excited about for this upcoming school year.

1. Friends

They say college is where you meet the friends that you'll have for a lifetime, and I can say that I have made a few friendships that I know will last.

2. Freedom

Now don't get me wrong on this one, I'm almost 20 and I have all the freedom in the world, but there's a different sense of freedom at college versus the freedom you have during breaks from school while you live at home. (Side note: my dad bought me this mug because he knows that I do what I want, responsibly of course.)

3. Starting New Classes

I may be one of the few college students actually looking forward to this, but I truly love my major and I am looking forward to starting new classes in the fall that will help me toward getting my degree.

4. Buying new things

In the past, back to school shopping consisted of clothes and school supplies, but this year I had to buy things like a shower curtain, plates and bowls, and a pizza cutter. As exciting (and expensive) as this all is, I don't know how I feel about growing up.

5. Care Packages/ Mail

I know I'm speaking for most college students when I say I LOVE getting care packages and mail in general! It doesn't really matter what's in them, they're just an exciting way for someone to show that they're thinking about you while you're practically M.I.A. for awhile.

6. Having a set schedule

Between work and school, my schedule will be basically pre-determined for the entire semester, and I have to say I am totally okay with that. I like having spontaneity and freedom to do whatever in the summer, but I prefer having a set schedule most of the time. Maybe it's just my type-A personality talking, but having order in my life keeps me sane.

These are just a few reasons why I am very excited to head back to school. It's been said that college is the best four years of your life, and so far I can agree with that. Here's to starting my third year in a few weeks!