6 Reasons Why Being A Fangirl Is Awesome

Please excuse me while I asdfjk;lkjhgfdsa

1614
PetersPhotography

With all my favorite fall shows coming back on air, I couldn't help but think about all the fangirling that I will be doing pretty soon. I also came across the best way to describe what fangirls go through:

Okay, so we're known not to have a social life, but I swear I have one. We could even add to the list many, many other ways of getting our feels out. Anyway, I asked some of my fellow fangirl friends to assist me in making a list on why being a fangirl is so great. Let's get it to it...

1. New friendships.

My cousin and I didn't care for each other when we were growing up (no seriously, we kind of hated each other), but then we both became obsessed with a TV show and became like sisters. My best friend and I bonded over the same TV show the first week of freshman year of college. Now we're both seniors and roommates. I met the sweetest girl on Instagram by freaking out over a book series together. Then there's my childhood friend who I recently reconnected with because of our same love for multiple TV shows. The point is this: our obsessions can create new lifelong friendships. And that's pretty dang cool.

2. Looking forward to weekdays when most of the population doesn't.

That's right, we love Mondays because one of our favorite shows is on that night. While everyone else is sluggish and complaining, we are the ones who are excited to see what happens next to some of our favorite characters. The TV show makes the day better.

3. We're usually never bored.

There is always something to watch. Maybe that's Netflix, maybe that's a YouTube fan-made video or interviews and panels, maybe that's catching up on other TV shows or reading a new book. Pinterest and Tumblr sure pass the time fairly well too.

4. New song recommendations.

I'm telling you, TV shows and movies are great when trying to find new songs to love and listen to. Hear a song during a favorite scene? Look it up, listen to it, and replay. I have a playlist of songs that are all from TV shows and movies. It's great for long car rides.

5. Being able to escape from the real word.

When life gets tough, escaping to a fictional world often is calming to us... you know, besides the whole freaking out and fangirling that comes with it. Well, actually, that's the fun part. Plus, it is how we forget what's going on around us.

6. It's fun to love something so excessively.

We feel a strong connection to the characters and their lives, and in the process, we feel like we have a family in those characters. It's especially fun being able to freak out when exciting things happen, even more so when you have a fellow fangirl at your side. You know what else is fun? You can have yourself photo-shopped with your favorite characters. (See cover photo of one of my senior pictures.)

Being a fangirl, we are often also known as nerds, which is totally okay. It's one of the best feelings being able to bond with people over something others will never understand. Like John Green says, calling me a nerd isn't really an insult.