6 Reasons Why Being A Fraternity Sweetheart Is The Greatest

At the end of the day, after all of the frisbee and drinking, they’re my brothers and they’ll watch out for me until the end.

118
Genevieve Fidler

I’ve been the sweetheart of Sigma Chi (Iota Zeta) since the spring of 2015, and I just wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to tell you why it has been so awesome.

1. Your brothers are always down to play outside with you.

If you ever want to play a game of frisbee in the student center lawn, all you have to do is wag a frisbee in front of their faces and all of a sudden you have a full-fledged team for an ultimate game. If you ever want to go Thursday night skiing at the local mountain, you’ll always have a couple of guys down to pack up the Jeep and head right out. You want to play pick up basketball in the fire lane? Just throw a basketball at the mob of boys playing Super Smash Bros in the chapter room and they’ll trickle out for a game or two.

2. You break something, they fix it.

Whether it’s your car or your computer, they have your back. If you’re like me (and the majority of college students) you don’t have the pink slip for your C class just yet, and you’re most likely driving a less than awesome car that’s prone to trouble. Many a time I’ve been stranded in a parking lot with my Volvo who doesn’t like to cooperate. But all I have to do is give a brother a call and in less than 10 minutes I have a full pit crew working on my car. They even bring the new guys so I don’t have to hold a flashlight.

3. You get flowers. All the time.

I’ve never been that high maintenance girl who demanded chocolate and flowers on the daily but I guess I did something right along the way, because I literally get candy and flowers all the time. I not only get them on typical flower giving days like Valentines Day etc. but just randomly, and its great.

4. You literally need anything? They got you.

You need some heavy lifting done? They got you. You need help studying? They got you. You need a meal swipe? They got you. You need a ride to the bar? They got you. You need a place to crash? They got you. You need a beer at noon on Tuesday? They got you.

5. They’re always down to drink with you.

If you ever need a drinking buddy, whether it is noon on a Tuesday or 9 p.m. on a Friday, they’re always ready to drink with you. And not only do they drink with you, they make sure you have a great time. They always share whatever they have with you, and at the end of the night, they usually feed you.

6. They’ll kill anybody who makes you sad.

At the end of the day, after all of the frisbee and drinking, they’re my brothers and they’ll watch out for me until the end. I love every last one of my stupid, smelly brothers of Sigma Chi, and I couldn’t imagine a life without them.