6 Reasons Being Home For The Holidays Is The Place To Be

Why moving back home is everything you need right now.

11

It's over. You never thought it'd be over, but it is. The first semester of the 2015-2016 school year came to the end, and if you're like me, you could've sworn you just moved in a week ago. You're sad to leave your college friends behind, but you couldn't be more ready to get the (insert profanity of choice here) away from finals week. So you ball all of your dirty laundry up, attempt to clean your dorm, and rush home away from the madness, to the familiar comfort you know and love: home.

But through this transition comes a mix of emotions. You become bored because you can't see your friends every day and eat every single meal with them. You're sad because college life has become a part of you, and without it, you feel just a piece of you missing. And you're hungry because finals week is over and you can't use that as an excuse to eat virtually whatever you want. But let these six items on this list remind you that being home is exactly what you need right now, especially with the spring semester just one short month away.

1. Pets

Probably the ones you miss the most. You can't see them on a daily, you can't talk to them and you can't tell them that you'll be back in just x amount of days. So the second you're reunited with your pooch, you get a little teary-eyed. And they're beyond excited to see you too.

2. Family

They're cool too, I guess. You don't miss them as much because you talk to them quite often and they're easy to communicate to with just one quick text or call. It may not be the same for your extended family, but when you're reunited with your loved ones, a part of you just feels like you're in the right place. Whether it's your mother or your dad's aunt's brother-in-law's great uncle, they're still family and you couldn't be happier to be with them.

3. Homemade Food

What? Actual food? Like, homemade, won't have you on the toilet for five hours, food? Don't get me wrong, the dining hall staff does their best, and quite frankly, they're some of my favorite people on campus. But their food can't hold a flicker, let alone a flame, to what your family can do in the kitchen. And the privacy is glorious. You can finally stuff your eager face with as many homemade blueberry muffins as you want without your entire college campus witnessing the massacre.

4. Your Own Bed

It may just be psychological, or maybe it's proven science, but you can't sleep as well as you can without being cozied up in your own bed. It's comprised of all your favorite blankets, comforters and even has an imprint of your body in it from being buried in it so much and so often. You can finally get some much needed rest and sleep away those bags before their expected return in spring 2K16.

5. Being away from anything that even closely resembles school work

You're home free and you're never touching a pencil in your life (for the remainder of 2015). You don't even want to catch a glimpse of a textbook, and luckily you don't have to for the next month.

6. Hometown Friends

Squad's back! The closest you came to hanging out with them over the past semester was an occasional text or FaceTime call, but now you're in town and you can't wait to catch them up on the shenanigans you got yourself into, and can't wait to hear their insane stories in return. And nothing's changed between you guys. Suzie still writes seductive fan-fics of House Hunters International and Billy still enjoys scarfing down an entire sheet pizza for lunch every now and then.

Being home is everything you need right now. Relax, rest, grow your hair and eyebrows back, and get motivated for the spring semester.