The 6 Pieces Of Armor For Christians

The 6 Pieces Of Armor For Christians

Being a Christian means struggling against evil-- in the world and within our inner selves.​

12617
The 6 Pieces Of Armor For Christians
pinterest

In Ephesians, Paul describes powerful armor that describes our strength we should have against earthly darkness and evil. This armor, he mentions is not for the fight against people but for the fight against "spiritual powers of evil," (Ephesians 6:12). Once we are protected with God's armor, he exclaims, we will be able to be steadfast against temptation, hatefulness, and self-doubt. With the strength of your faith and armor when the fight is over, you shall be victorious in your success and journey with Christ by your side. I love this because sometimes it seems like all there is in darkness in this world and no way to combat it, but the bible clearly states otherwise. Christianity in the bible can easily just be perceived as this peaceful, loving story of Jesus Christ. But the stories in the Bible contain so much more. They are powerful. There is heartbreak of the crucifixion and extreme resilience through the resurrection. And everything in-between. It is intense; there is war, there is betrayal, there is temptation. The Bible an easily be called the greatest story of all time. I mean, it is, indeed, the most best-selling. So it is to no surprise when Paul describes an armor God has in store for Christians. Armor for the good fight Christians fight each day against this flawed world's darkness. For Christians are "soldiers of the cross," (Galatians 2:20). Listed below in the order it was written in the Bible, is our armor as Christ followers.

1. The Belt of Truth

"So stand strong with the belt of truth tied around your waist," (Ephesians 6:14). The truth knowing Jesus Christ died for our sins and resurrected from the dead. Hold this truth dear. Hold the truth that you are loved with an everlasting love by an almighty God, and that you are enough.

2. A Breastplate of Righteousness

"-and on your chest wear the protection of right living." (Ephesians 6:14). Living in the pursuit of how God wants us to is the best way to live. Striving to live a just life will benefit us now and when we are judged by God. We must live to please him and do so proudly, as a breastplate centered on our chest.

3. On your feet, the Gospel

"On your feet wear the Good News of peace to help you stand strong." (Ephesians 6:15). The gospel stands as the foundation of our purpose just as our feet keep us upright. Every step we take, we should walk confidently, relying on the teachings of our Lord, Christ.

4. The Shield of Faith

"And also use the shield of faith with which you can stop all the burning arrows that come from the Evil One." (Ephesians 6:16). Here on Earth, we will hear many doubts about our God and religion, to keep those uncertainties away may our faith be strong. They can certainly feel like tiny burning arrows perpetrating our spirit, so let us be confident in our Savior and have faith be our shield against any doubt provoked by satan.

5. God's Salvation as your Helmet

"Accept God's salvation as your helmet." (Ephesians 6:17). Just as the head is a vital part of our earthly body, God's salvation is a vital for our soul. His everlasting love for us is evident for He delivered us from our sins and all of the consequences that meant for us. What a forgiving and loving God!

6. The Spirit as your Sword

"And take the sword of the Spirit-- that sword is the teaching of God." (Ephesians 6:17). The sword is both offensive and defensive as with the Holy Spirit is to protect us from harm and lead us confidently into destroying evil. With practice, one can become a skilled user of a sword just as with practicing scripture, prayer, and forming a relationship with the Holy Spirit will strengthen our journey with Jesus Christ.

Being a Christian means struggling against evil-- in the world and within our inner selves. Now that you know of the armor we have as Christians, I encourage you to be bold and fight the good fight. "Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." (1 Timothy 6:12).