The 6 Basic Fashion Trends You See At IU, Over And Over And Over Again

Overdone fashion of IU students.

162
@iubloomington / Instagram

While attending Indiana University, there are many clothing trends that just seem to be more noticeable than others. While I know everyone has their own opinion, these are the uber-popular trends that I can not wait to see die down, but possibly never will. They are the most basic.

1. Adidas Sneakers

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have seen a girl wearing these on campus. They may be easy to pair with virtually any outfit but they are so unoriginal.

2. Monogram Rain Jackets:

From Greek organizations to clubs, these jackets pop up everywhere on any slightly rainy day. While they may be very popular, I find they lack the element of style.

3. Leggings:

One day I woke up and the legging trend was everywhere and to this day has not been touched. Leggings really are not stylish at all so why do college students love them so much? Maybe, it is just comfortability.

4. "Norts" AKA Nike Shorts

Great for the gym, but not sure why people feel the need to wear sportswear to class. To some, it may seem sporty chic but other times it comes across as just lazy.

5. Kilroy's T-Shirts

If I had a dollar for every time I saw some form of Kilroy's spirit wear I would be loaded. If you did not go to IU you might even think Kilroy's was a sports team of some sort. While they are great for making and keeping memories I would not be caught wearing one of these unless I was going to bed.

6. Spirit Jerseys

Everyone and their mother seems to have some sort of spirit jersey in their closet. They may boast a vacation name, a college alma mater or their own greek letters but the point is they are seen so often. I am not sure why because they are so baggy and do not seem to be super aesthetically pleasing but that's OK, great loungewear for the daytime...

The college experience comes with traditions but some traditions especially related to college apparel are just a tad bit overdone. Why not be different and try something from your closet that other people do not have, you may love it.