6 Things Your Best Friend Has Taught You

2. The ones you trust the most can hurt you the most.
1608

Best friends, we've all had one. They're your ride or die, your platonic soulmate, your person. Whether you've had the same one your whole life or rotate through, there is a lot that having a best friend can teach you.

1. You're a badass.

Your best friend is always there to pick you up when you're down. They're the first person to remind you how amazing you are whenever you have doubts. Whether you failed a test or went through a bad break-up a real best friend will be right by your side to remind you of your worth. That's why they're best friends with you!

Friendships end for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it's because your so-called best friend did something you just can't forgive. Unfortunately, it happens. This one's going to sting, but just like a romantic relationship, you don't deserve to spend time with someone you can't trust with your life. Someone else, who really is as great as you are, will come along.

3. A true best friend has your back, no matter what.

Your best friend would wake up at any hour when you need them. They always find time for you when you need it. No problem is too big or too small for your best friend to help with. They will always be behind you, cheering you on or standing right next to you throwing punches.

4. Any time can be a good time with your best friend.

Whether you're at a party surrounded by hundreds or just staying in watching Netflix, being with your best friend is enough to make it a good night. You can make a good time out of anything because just being together is better than being alone. It doesn't matter what you're doing, as long as you're doing it together.

5. Alone time is necessary.

As great as being around your best friend is, too much of a good thing is a bad thing. But don't worry, they'll totally understand if you need a breather. That's why you're best friends, they respect your privacy and your wishes. They'll be ready to go again for whatever, whenever you're ready.

6. The value of being a good friend.

Your best friend is probably a great person, and everything that they give to you has to be reciprocated. If they can be there for you at all hours, that type of love will only stick around if you can give it right back. True friendship is more than just having a personal cheerleader, but a relationship that only works when both people give everything they can. For this person, you wouldn't have it any other way.