6 Empowering Songs Every Girl Boss Should Add To Her Playlist For 2020

Shine (and dance) your way through the new year. You got this.

95
Madeline Lay

A new year is upon us, which means a fresh start and lots of motivation. There is nothing like music to get your day started. Kick off 2020 with these 6 empowering songs that every girl boss should be sure to add to her playlist.

Woman Up - Megan Trainor

https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-four-people-against-sun-background-862848/

Nothing screams girl power like a good Megan Trainor song. Lift up your chin and get ready for your day with confidence (and probably some dancing…okay, lots of dancing). Life can be hard, but it is nothing you cannot handle. You got this.

Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa

https://www.pexels.com/photo/cute-friendship-fun-girl-569163/

Break ups can be difficult, but no one can change who you truly are. No one deserves to be in a cycle of hurting because of one person. Be unapologetically you. This is your life, and you are in the driver's seat. Drive with authority.

Sit Still, Look Pretty - Daya

https://www.pexels.com/photo/grayscale-photography-of-four-women-wearing-clothes-1065081/

Daya lays it all out very clearly. Don't chase after distorted dreams. She speaks about "dreams of picket fences and trophy wives." In this way, Daya is saying that old, traditional views in society can give us a warped idea of what we want for our lives. No one ever changed the world by sitting still and looking pretty.

Good As Hell - Lizzo

https://www.pexels.com/photo/friendship-58592/

Having a bad day? Lizzo can turn that around. I think most people know this song and for a good reason. It's a good song, and you can be sure to be feeling "good as hell" after you listen to it, no matter how bad your day might be going.

Just Got Paid - Sigala

https://www.pexels.com/photo/six-woman-standing-and-siting-inside-the-room-1181622/

Girl bosses get work done, and you know what that means…Pay day! Dance along to this upbeat song and celebrate. You deserve it!

Confident - Demi Lovato

https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-white-top-852793/

Last but certainly not least; There is nothing wrong with being confident. Never forget it.

Now, you are ready to shine. 2020 is yours! Remember you are tough, smart, and, of course, confident. Music can change your entire attitude, so next time you are feeling down, try listening to one of these songs. Who knows? Maybe you will turn your day around.