6 Classic Disney Channel Original Halloween Movies

I've always low key wanted to visit Halloweentown.

194
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/09/636431083371129471-971216958_Halloween.jpeg

Just like almost every 90's baby, I grew up on The Disney Channel. It has only been in the last few years that I have slowly stopped watching The Disney Channel. My favorites were the classics like "That's So Raven", "Even Stevens", and "Lizzie McGuire" just to name a few. Every Halloween new movies will premiere, but they always tend to also circulate the classics.

1. Hocus Pocus 1993

Hands down, Hocus Pocus is one of my all-time favorite Halloween movies. Kenny Ortega (who also directed the High School Musical Series- also a favorite) directed this movie with an all-star cast starring: Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler, and Kathy Najimy who play the roles of Sanderson sister witches all too well. The sisters thrive on their youth and by casting spells on young children their so-called beauty. This is until they meet Max, Dani, and Allison who refuse to allow the sisters to win 300 years after killing Emily and turning her brother Thackery Binx into a cat.

2. Halloweentown 1998

This is probably one of everybody's favorite movies. Debbie Reynolds plays Aggie, the children's fun-loving grandma who always happens to be a witch and is determined to begin training Marnie, who also has no idea about their family. This movie is definitely a classic and introduces us to the wonderfully scary town of Halloweentown.

3. Phantom of the Megaplex 2000

This is one movie I haven't seen in years, but that doesn't make it a classic! Disney Channel might not play it anymore, but I would be very surprised if not every Disney obsessed 90's child has seen it. And I can tell you what- I never wanted to work in a movie theater, especially on Halloween night after this movie.

4. Halloweentown II Kalabar's Revenge 2001

Kalabar's a mean dude who is an old enemy plotting to turn Halloweentown into a dreary and miserable town which is far different from how it normally. Only Marnie with the help of her siblings will be able to save Halloweentown from Kalabar's revenge. This is definitely a great sequel to the first one where we journey back into Halloween town.

5. Halloweentown High 2004

Aaaaannnnnnnddd we're back, again! But this time Marnie, with permission from the Witches' Council, is granted permission to have students from Halloweentown join them for high school in the mortal world. Here they'll be able to spend time with students their own age! However, if anything dangerous happens Marnie and her friends could lose their magical powers forever. These were such fun movies growing up to and although I wasn't quite in high school when Marnie and her friends were, I loved getting to grow up with them!

6. Twitches 2005

Come on... it's Tia and Tamera Mowry! One of our absolute favorite sets of twins! The two pair up once again for a Halloween inspired movie who are two witches who for 1.) have no idea they're a twin and 2.) have no idea that they're witches. They were each adopted by two different families and happen to meet on their 21st birthday which also happens to be Halloween. Low and behold they come to the realization that they are from a whole other world and must use their powers they are clueless about to save their birth mother. If you enjoy this one there is a sequel where they must come together once again while trying to live normal lives to find out their father may be alive.

You may not be a 90's baby who is or was Disney obsessed and that's cool and all, but I definitely suggest indulging in a night full of Disney Halloween classics. I can tell you my future children will definitely be introduced to these movies.