6 Crime Shows On Netflix To Watch

6 Crime Shows On Netflix To Watch That Send A Chill Down Your Spine

When you're not a scary movie fan, but you still want to catch that occasional chill

14
https://pixabay.com/illustrations/police-crime-scene-blue-light-850054/
CBS

True crime junkies are not hard to come by these days. There are a million documentaries, podcasts, Dateline specials, YouTube series, etc. that you can follow to stay in the true crime universe.

These 6 crime shows on Netflix are perfect if you are looking for something new to get your investigation on.

Women Behind Bars

Not to make assumptions, but I think that when most people think of the most heinous criminals, the ones that come to mind are predominantly male (That may just be me, so if it is, ignore that part).

It's interesting to see this side of crime that is often not depicted in TV and movies, and, when it is, it isn't accurate. Each episode shows two women's stories, and I'm constantly moving, so the show doesn't ever feel like it's stalling.

It's also interesting from the legal side of things, as pleas, defenses, and verdicts are explained.

Criminal Minds

I know this is fictional, but it's worth adding to the list because the psychology is oftentimes accurate.

The plot of the main characters and the ebbs and flows of the team are fantastic, but not distracting to the criminal side of things.

Often, these are exaggerated, worst of the worst cases (and not real), but if you enjoy crime shows, I can't complain about this one.

Mind Hunter

This crime thriller series is based on the true crime book by the same name.

In it, agents Ford and Tench, as well as a psychologist, begin what is known as the behavioral science unit of the FBI. In order to help solve current cases, they must go and interview series killers in jail.

From Ed Kemper to Charles Manson, they talk to those who are widely considered the worst of the worst, and it is CHILLING.

Evil Genius

A multipart series that looks at an infamous bank heist as well as a murder that followed. They try to determine who was the mastermind of one or the other, or maybe even both.

Every time you think you as the audience knows what's going on, it changes course, and you're left thinking "hm, maybe I was wrong." Each episode of this documentary is FASCINATING and will keep you on your toes.

The Ted Bundy Tapes/Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile

I know these are two different things to watch, but, given that their subject is the same, I'm lumping them together.

One offers a documentary view while the other is a dramatic movie, they both highlight different aspects of Ted Bundy's murderous rampage. I'm more of a documentary fan with this kind of topic, but Zac Efron's portrayal of the serial killer certainly doesn't fall flat.

Netflix captured the chilling nature of this man in a truly impressive way. That being said, it is truly chilling to hear such an infamous man's words.

Inside The Criminal Mind

Looking at serial killers, long term kidnappers, cult leaders, and crime lords, this series looks into the psychology of these various types of criminals.

From nature vs nurture in general to specific examples of each of these criminals, the show uses one type of criminal each episode.

Fascinating from a psychological perspective, the show really takes a scientific approach to a very complicated branch of abnormality.

There are obviously so many more, these are just the most recent ones I've loved. I'm a psych major, so I'm fascinated by the psychological standpoint, but it also just provides an interesting story to follow. Enjoy, and don't watch late at night.