6 Books You Throw At The Wall While Reading

And then shuffle to the corner 10 minutes later to pick up and start reading again.

114
HMovies

There are books that make you smile, books that warm your heart, books that make you cry, and then books that rip your heart out with such force that all you can do to deal with the pain is throw that book at the wall as punishment for the trust it broke with you. Reading those books can be quite exhausting, both emotionally and physically, so here's a list of a few books who scream to be thrown at the wall, to prepare you for your next reading venture.

Note: this is a spoiler-free list.

1. "Ender's Game"

Throughout the entire book, Ender, the main character, struggles with his humanity and the question of his good and evil nature. Well, there comes a point in the book where Ender gets horribly tricked into doing something he would never do. Not only does that destroy sweet Ender, it destroys you, the reader. It literally took every fiber in my body to resist hurling the book at the nearest wall.

2. "A Storm of Swords," aka "Game of Thrones" No. 3

Two words: Red. Wedding.

3. "13 Reasons Why"

Although you know the ending going into the book, it's an incredible emotional journey that I really wasn't prepared for when I started the book. I had to remind myself that it was only a book, it wasn't real, it wasn't real, it wasn't real. Even so, it took a lot to make myself refrain from throwing this book because it honestly just wasn't fair.

4. "The Fault in Our Stars"

This is a book with a somewhat predictable ending, but did it have to hurt so much? It's very difficult to believe in happy endings after reading this beloved John Green novel. It's even harder to believe in reading books that don't give you the urge to hurtle them across the room.

5. "The Green Mile"

Oh, you thought "The Green Mile" was going to be just another awesome Stephen King thriller novel? Wrong. Get ready to have your heart torn out multiple times. And then electrocuted in front of your face.

6. "Perks of Being a Wallflower"

The thing about "Perks" that makes you want to throw the book is that you can see yourself in Charlie, and you understand his pain and hate to see him alone and hurting, and you just want to climb inside the book and love him, damnit!

Despite all of the pain and suffering these books cause, however, you and I both know that in 10 minutes, you'll walk over to that book, pick it up and apologize profusely, then curl back up into your corner and finish it. And then in two weeks, you'll most likely read that book again.