Rocket League Is One Of The Coolest Video Games You'll Play

I love this video game so much that I just had to write about it.

28
Steam

Soccer, rocket propulsion, cars, and explosions: If any of these in any combination sound interesting to you then I have a game to tell you about. If you have never heard of the game Rocket League then you also have probably never heard of the version that came before it, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. I have been wanting to write something about Rocket League for a while now because this game has taken over my suite's weekends. The few of my friends who have yet to play this game have no doubt become fed up with the rest of us talking about it. I'm, of course, going to talk about it some more, though. So imagine a game of soccer, but instead of people playing you are controlling a car with a rocket engine. Each game is anywhere from five to ten minutes in length, and it is just plain addicting. You can also, with the correct downloadable content, drive a DeLorean or the Batmobile while playing.

This is a relatively new game that was originally available on Playstation 4 before being released for Steam and Xbox One. You are also able to play online or with friends. The game developers did not decide to just leave their rocket cars at soccer, though. Through other game modes you are able to play with a cube, time warp, hockey, or the soon-to-be-released basketball mode. What is really impressive about this game, though, is that the development team for Psyonix, the creators of Rocket League, had only twelve people on it for the creation and release of Rocket League. For those who don't know, what that means is that a dozen people were behind a job that normally has several times as many people working on their development team.

Now let's look at some of the more entertaining aspects of the game to possibly convince some people to play it. You are able to customize several aspects of whichever car you choose to drive. You are able to choose the paint job, wheels, antennae, special topper, and rocket trail. You unlock new items to use with your car the more you play, and you get one new item a game. My personal favorite parts of the game however are the flying and explosions. Yeah, if you thought rocket-powered cars playing soccer wasn't enough, they can also fly for a little time while they use their boost. Then, while boosting, you are able to also hit your opponent and cause them to explode in a beautiful detonation. I have owned this game for about a month and I have yet to find an aspect of the game that I do not enjoy. I'll leave this by also adding that there is a Rocket League soundtrack with some pretty good music on it if that convinces anyone else to check this amazing game out.