Less than 500 Words: The Two Important Simple Life Rules My Mama Taught Me

She does know best after all

I have been given a lot of advice over the years – some valuable and some plain bad. None of it ever has been earth shattering or mind blowing. However, there are two short and sweet “life rules” from my mother that shaped me into the person I am today.

• Be Flexible: This one is just as it sounds. Be flexible. Don’t become rigid and unable to bend. If something doesn’t work out as planned, it is not the end of the world. Make adjustments and move forward. Not everything can be planned to a T and it is okay when things don’t work out perfectly.

• Choices: As she always said (and still does) – life is about choices. Meaning that there are often times in life where you have to pick. At times it was a simple choice like what to get at a restaurant or what toy I wanted, but as I’ve grown up the decisions have become more difficult like whether I should accept a job offer or move somewhere new. You’ve have to make choice and live with it. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.