This past week, I had to write my first college paper. Although I have written tons of papers before, it didn’t make this one any easier. It was only five pages, and I eventually got it done. I did find however, that it was extremely difficult to stay focused. Despite numerous efforts to stay on track, I found my mind constantly wondering to other subjects. If you’ve ever written a paper, or get easily distracted, you probably understand what this is like!
1. Okay! Time to buckle down and get this done.
2. I wonder what will happen next on White Collar
3. Well, I could just watch one episode
4. I could do a split screen with Netflix and Word
5. I totally won’t get distracted.
6. I want food
7. No! Focus!!
8. *cracks fingers*
9. I wonder if crocodiles have feelings?
10. I should look that up.
11. Can scientists do tests on the feelings of animals?
12. I should become rich and famous by doing that.
13. Oh man, an hours gone by, I should start this paper.
14. Why do I have to write the professor’s name?
15. If they’re teaching the class shouldn’t they know that?
16. Ummmm soooo what am I writing this paper on again?
17. Today is a Wednesday
18. HUMP DAAAAAY
19. Haha that’s a good commercial.
20. I’ve been working on this for a while now
21. I should go get some food!
22. I’m kind of in the mood for Chinese.
23. NO I want Qdoba.
24. I wonder if anyone wants to go with me?
25. *spends 2 hours getting food*
26. Wow, that was a good lunch.
27. I should get working again.
28. Okay, if I write this paragraph in less than 20 minutes I can take a five-minute break.
29. If I write it in less than 15, I can take a ten-minute break.
30. It’s like a game, it’ll be fun!
31. Okay, I’m two paragraphs in out of five pages.
32. How can I make this as long as possible?
33. Maybe if I use big words it’ll make it longer.
34. I’m exhausted.
35. I’m going to take a nap, I deserve it.
36. TREAT YO SELF.
37. Great, now I want waffles.
38. Waffles will help me get things done
39. Channeling my inner Leslie Knope always makes me productive
40. Back to work, got to finish this.
41. I wonder what the least amount of work I can do to get an “A” is.
42. I should eat some more
43. I’m just going to eat Nutella with a spoon.
44. That’s healthy right?
45. Yeah! It’s like peanut butter.
46. *spends 3 hours watching Netflix*
47. I wish I was a sloth
48. If I was a sloth I’d have no responsibility.
49. I’d also be able to sleep as much as I wanted.
50. I should really get this paper done!
If you’ve ever felt like this, know that you’re not the only one.