50 Things I Am Thankful For

50 Things I Am Thankful For

“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’" William Arthur Ward

38
50 Things I Am Thankful For
Abriel Joy

There’s something to be said for the rare moments throughout the day that make you smile. Research shows that expressing gratitude can increase your overall well-being, from better relationships to better sleep. Thanksgiving is a day of reflection for me, and I was thinking about all the things I’m thankful for. So, in no particular order, I’m thankful for...

1. Life. How cool is that I'm actually here, in this world, living?
  2. Friends. There is no way I could survive without them. Love you guys!
  3. Family. We have our ups and downs, but they really are my foundation.
  4. Love. It's completely magical and amazing, isn't it?
  5. Words. They are my life line. I would not be me without them.
  6. Choice. I love that every day I can choose to be happy. Fabulous!
  7. Music. It's one of those things I definitely cannot live without.
  8. Color. As someone who used to be an art major, I'm obsessed with it!
  9. Magic. Just read a quote saying magic is in everything. So true!
  10. Art. To quote Ani Difranco, "Art is why I get up in the morning."
  11. Dogs. They are flat out amazing creatures. Don't try to argue with me on this.
  12. Health. As someone who has struggled with this, I'm SO happy I'm healthy!
  13. Seasons. Spring, summer, winter, fall (even though we barely have the last two in Arizona) -- love 'em all!
  14. Stars. As The Killers sing: "Stars are like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun." How beautiful!
  15. Acceptance. I'm so very thankful of those who accept me for who I am.
  16. Rainbows. I've seen so many in my lifetime and they make me extremely happy.
  17. Blogs. I love writing mine and I love all the blogs I read on a regular basis.
  18. Laughter. There is little better in the world than the laugh-so-hard-you-cry feeling.
  19. Holidays. There's something incredibly exciting about them (especially Thanksgiving & Christmas!!!!).
  20. Sunshine. I see a lot of this because of where I live and I love, love, love when the sun's shining.
  21. Books. There's never a time when I'm not thankful for the words of another.
  22. Organization. It might seem boring to some, but I'm really glad I'm organized.
  23. Generosity. One of those things that's just as great to give as it is to get.
  24. Encouragement. So many people have supported me in my life and I'm so lucky to have them.
  25. Accountability. I'm so glad I've finally realized that I'm accountable for myself and my life.
  26. Smiles. I love giving them and getting them. As Buddy the elf says, "Smiling's my favorite!"
  27. Change. It scares the shit out of me sometimes, but it can be a wonderful thing.
  28. Fun. Who doesn't love a little bit (or a lot!) of fun in their lives?
  29. Housing. This is something I usually take for granted, but I heart my apartment!
  30. Comfort. Comfort food, comfy sweatpants, a comfortable relationship...comfort rocks!
  31. Hope. Sometimes it's hard to find, but it's always there, waiting to lift me up.
  32. Handwriting. It's so cool how we're all so different and this is a great place to see that.
  33. Patience. I don't have very much of it yet, but I'm getting better at it every day!
  34. Photographs. There is nothing quite like a brilliant image to capture a moment.
  35. Wonderlands. I particularly love "Alice in Wonderland," but a winter wonderland is pretty great too.
  36. Honesty. It really is the best policy.
  37. Surprises. As long as they're good, I lovvvvvve them.
  38. Paw prints. I can't help but smile every time I see them.
  39. Passion. One of the best things: seeing someone passionate about what they do or who they love.
  40. Dreams. Both the daytime or nighttime variety are pretty cool.
  41. Films. A movie that leaves you feeling moved -- priceless!
  42. Positivity. Look for the good in everything and you will find it.
  43. Knowledge. Gaining and possessing knowledge is one of my favorite things. Ever.
  44. Quality Time. When you get to spend really quality time with someone, it's sooo fantastic.
  45. Kindness. Even the smallest act or word can change a day around...
  46. Sleep. There's nothing like a soft pillow and a warm blanket after a long, hard day.
  47. Dancing. I can't say I'm very good at it, but I love to do it!
  48. Safe Landings. Gotta love those after a turbulence-filled flight!
  49. Food. It's a major part of life, but I often forget to be thankful for it.
  50. Challenges. They may suck at the time, but they always make me a better person.