50 Reasons I Am Proud To Be An American

50 Reasons I Am Proud To Be An American

50 states. 50 reasons.

5798
50 Reasons I Am Proud To Be An American
Diego Tirigall and Society 6

The Fourth of July is a time when we get to celebrate what an amazing country the United States is. I know I am proud to be an American, and I know there are millions of others who feel the same. Many of these reasons are not found only in the United States, nor is the U.S. perfect in any one of these 50 things that make it so great. However, this nation is truly great, and I am so excited to celebrate its 240th Independence Day. Happy birthday, America. You are loved.

1. Democracy

2. Value of Minorities

3. Freedom of Speech

4. Clean Drinking Water

5. Free Public Education

This country has an amazing education system. With 12 years of free, public education, think of the possibilities! An educated mind is valuable in today's world, and young Americans are itching to compete.

6. The United States Armed Forces

7. Value of Family

8. Vaccinations

9. Fun Pastimes

From camping to sporting events and from plays to amusement parks, the possibilities of fun things to do with friends or family are seemingly endless.

10. 50 Different States With 50 Different Histories and Unique Cultures

11. Diversity of Land and Wildlife

"From the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans white with foam!" There aren't a lot of countries with oceans, mountains, deserts, everglades, glaciers, and volcanoes, but we have it all. Additionally, we share our home with thousands of different species of fauna.

12. National Holidays

13. All Kinds of Food

"What should we eat for dinner tonight?"

"Hmm, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, or Thai all sound good to me."

14. NASA

15. Access to Health Care

16. Freedom of Religion

17. Appreciation for the Arts

18. Libraries

19. Freedom to be Who You Want to be Regardless of Where You Come From

There is no system dictating who you will become because of who you were born as. This place is your oyster.

20. Freedom of Press

21. Public Transportation

22. Cleanliness

23. Value of Women

24. Indoor Plumbing

25. Safety

26. Easy Access to Laundry

27. Children are Highly Regarded as Important Members of Society

28. Days Set Aside to Celebrating Just About Everything

To name just a few of July's national days, we've got National Fried Clam Day, National Father Daughter Take A Walk Day, and National Hammock Day. Click here for a full list of National Days.

29. Ability to Work and Provide for Family

30. Diversity

From the diversity of the 50 states to the diversity of people from other countries, the United States truly is a melting pot. Only a small percentage of the population of the U.S. is actually "from" here, and all of us have a different, unique, and beautiful story of how and when we became a part of this great nation.

31. Transparency of Information

32. Museums

33. Appreciation of Pets

34. Access to Good Quality Clothes and Shoes

35. Ability to Travel Across the Country

36. Great Opportunity (think college)

37. Music

38. People Still Do Good Things for Each Other

39. Summer Camp

40. Live How and Where You Want

If you like the big city life, you can live it! If you prefer living in a small town where everyone knows your name, there's nothing stopping you! The United States has all different kids of living conditions, and, if you want it badly enough, you can live in whichever one you may choose.

41. Ability to Travel Internationally

42. National Pride

43. Housing

44. Safety Enforcement

45. Non-Corrupt Law Enforcement

46. Friendly People

47. Accessibility to Food

You can grow all your own food in your backyard, buy it all precooked for you, or anywhere in between. We've got farmer's markets, large grocery stores, and specialty shops galore. In the United States, we do not have to ration food at this time, and are even provided with help from the government if food is unaffordable.

48. Power Delegated to States Instead of Federal Government Ruling All

49. Access to Affordable Technology

50. National Parks

Grand Canyon National Park

Yellowstone National Park

Everglade National Park

Well, there you have it--I sure am proud to be an American. Thank you for being a part of what makes this country so incredible. May we celebrate the Stars and Stripes with pride!

God bless America!