50 Good Things

50 Good Things

As the year comes to a close, let's remember the good things.

27
50 Good Things
Wallpaper Gallery

2016 was a hard year for a lot of us. A lot of things happened that most of us would rather forget, though we know we never will.

A lot of good things happened too, but we tend to forget about those much more easily.

Let's take the final moments of this year to remember all the good things. Try to remind yourself of all the little things that happened, and all the little things that gave you a reason to get up in the morning, or maybe just a reason to smile.

This is list of some good things; the kind that you may not always think about when they are happening. When you are looking back on this year, try to remember if you experienced any of these warm little moments.

1. Sunrises.

2. Sunrises that you see because you stayed up all night talking to someone you like.

3. Having a crush.

4. Finding out someone has a crush on you.

5. ^especially if you were hoping that they did.

6. The fact that holiday lights are now seen as acceptable decor for an adult home.

7. Really good coffee.

8. Coffee with just the right cream/sugar/milk ratio.

9. Running late, then finding out that your public transportation will be running express and that you will actually arrive on time.

10. The moment that a new pair of shoes is perfectly broken in.

11. Wearing a pair of shoes that have been broken in for years and are somehow still holding up.

12. Cookies, right at the moment that they are cool enough to eat, but still warm and gooey.

13. When milk alternatives don't cost an extra 50 cents to a dollar at coffee shops.

14. Cuddling a dog.

15. Cuddling a little dog that thinks it's a big dog.

16. Cuddling a big dog that thinks it's a lap dog.

17. Being loved by a dog or cat of any size.

18. Wearing funny socks, because nobody can see them and it feels like you're keeping a fun little secret.

19. Wearing really comfy undies.

20. ^especially that magic kind that never give you wedgies.

21. When something happens that you were really hoping for.

22. Happy accidents.

23. Running into a friend and coincidentally both being free to catch up at that time.

24. Actually making plans to spend time with people.

25. Successfully following through with plans that you have made with someone.

26. Going out to a restaurant with your grandparent(s).

27. Being able to treat your grandparents to a meal.

28. Leaving a really nice tip for a particularly great waiter.

29. Brushing your hair without having to fight with any monstrous knots.

30. Having someone else brush your hair.

31. Having someone else wash and style your hair.

32. Getting a bunch of compliments right after you get your hair done.

33. When a little kid gets really excited about anything.

33. Having a child tell you that they want to be like you.

34. Getting compliments from a child, because you know they really mean it.

35. Sleeping on new pillows.

36. Sleeping the full amount of hours that you need to feel recharged.

37. Falling asleep, knowing that you don't have to set an alarm.

38. Eating breakfast in your pajamas.

39. Catching up with family members.

40. Talking to anyone, knowing that that are really engaged and interested in what you are saying.

41. Cooking a meal for someone.

42. When someone really appreciates and enjoys something you make for them.

43. Falling asleep on a couch while watching a movie.

44. Drifting off to a happy sleep while talking to someone you like.

45. When restaurants have vegetarian/vegan/lactose-free/gluten-free/kosher/etc options/substitutes and you can eat with your friends without worrying about anyone's dietary restrictions.

46. Going to a concert.

47. Finally seeing a band that you have wanted to see live for a really long time.

48. The feeling in a room when everyone is just enjoying each other's company and nobody has to say anything because you can all feel it.

49. Having food to eat and a house to live in and clean water to drink.

50. The fact that you lived another year, because just living and existing as a sentient being is really, really amazing.

I hope this list brought back some good memories, and maybe reminded you of other small sweet things that were not listed. Keep those with you as this year ends, and make a resolution to appreciate them more next year. Count your blessings more often, and don't forget the small ones.

May you have a Happy New Year, and a blessed 2017.