5 Ways To Turn A Bad Day Good

5 Ways To Turn A Bad Day Good

We all have days that feel like the world pushing on your shoulders, but it's what you do to change that feeling what matters.

8
5 Ways To Turn A Bad Day Good
I've had my fair share of bad days to say the least. It's those type of days that you just want to curl into a ball on your bed and stay there, which in the end only makes you feel worse. I hate those days and I imagine that you do too, so here are 5 tips that I've discovered helped me:

Getting Outside

close up photo of white petaled flowerPhoto by Matt Hoffman on Unsplash

It may seem like the most obvious thing in the world, but whenever it all gets a little too much and I start to feel the pressure on my chest the best thing for me is to take a walk. There's nothing better than feeling the fresh air and sun after a rough day. If you feel better walking, exercising or even just sitting outside, do that. Whatever works for you is most important.

Reading

photo of library with turned on lightsPhoto by 🇸🇮 Janko Ferlič on Unsplash

Personally, reading is one of my favorite hobbies ever. What I think reading allows me to do is take a step back and escape from the stress and engage myself in a different world. I usually choose mystery books to read that this time since they make me put my focus towards solving the mystery, but this can work with any genre or style of book.

Music

bokeh photography of condenser microphonePhoto by israel palacio on Unsplash

In all forms, music is a way of expressing yourself. It's an art form that allows emotion to flow through every note. When I'm feeling down, I start off listening to slower and sadder songs to get it all out, but as the time goes on, I start to play happier and upbeat songs that lift up my mood. Music also helps if you play an instrument or love to sing. Let all of the negative emotions leave your body as you direct all of your energy to the song.

TV Shows/Movies/Podcasts

black flat screen tv turned on displaying 11Photo by Mollie Sivaram on Unsplash

Similar to reading while you're diverting your attention to another topic. Re-watching old favorites or trying out something new is a great way to take your mind off things. I love New Girl for a tv show to lift your spirits, then Grown Ups 1 or 2 as a funny movie, and Getting' Better with Ron Funches for a podcast, which my roommate highly recommends. There is so much content out there to explore that is lively and uplifting and allows you to move out of your rough spot.

Cry

a woman holds her hands over her facePhoto by Anthony Tran on Unsplash

You just got to let it out sometimes. It's not healthy to keep everything bottled up until one day you ultimately explode. These days as sucky as they can be are always going to come and go. You can't help that, but what you can do is work to move past that. Let go of the feelings that are tying you down and leave it behind in the past. These thoughts and feelings shouldn't define you. Know that you are worth the time and energy put in to make your day better.