5 Ways To Start The Semester Right

5 Ways To Start The Semester Right

4.0 here I come!

4
5 Ways To Start The Semester Right
http://giphy.com/gifs/college-30-rock-tina-fey-qZLxOmmDR8Zuo

So you didn't do so hot last semester -- here's a fresh start! The worst thing you can do is repeat your mistakes, whether it's writing them down to remind yourself or tying a ribbon around your finger. I've found that each semester I do increasingly better because I take on something new that keeps me occupied. Finding your niche and sticking with it will take an "almost failing" semester and turn it into a "make my parents proud" semester!

1. Print your schedule and put it everywhere!

I forget everything, usually. If you print your schedule and put it on your desk or in your purse, it can help you when you've hit the "mid-semester meltdown" where you don't remember anything. You can take a picture of your schedule on your phone, or even have your mom give you a call 15 minutes before class to make sure you're awake!

2. Sit next to someone in every class.

Whether you know them or not, you can have someone to share notes with and discuss lessons! It's helpful to have a person to study with or to ask questions to. Bonus points if they take your clicker when you take class off!

3. Go to bed!

Okay so you should be getting at least 8 hours of sleep, which we all know is pretty much impossible. Even on days I am able to get into bed early, I can't freakin' fall asleep! Instead of playing on your phone until 3 in the morning, try reading your textbook... it will put you right to sleep.

4. Introduce yourself to teachers.

Some professors definitely do notcare about what their students names are. Take my advice and just shake their hand at the end of the first class and introduce yourself. No matter what size the class is, eventually your face will become familiar to the professor and you might have a greater chance of being noticed for opportunities. Sometimes professors ask you to state your name before you answer a question anyway, so it speeds up the process!

5. Lastly, carve out you time.

Napping definitely does not count! You need to have time to relax with your thoughts and unwind from a crazy day. Instead of just falling asleep and messing up your whole schedule, you could read, shower, paint your nails, walk around Walmart, or online shop! It feels like sometimes we waste a whole day taking mental breaks, so use them only when the stress of school is outweighing your happiness!

Especially at the beginning of the semester we don't take everything seriously. It does make a difference if you get to know your professor and get enough sleep. You need a well-rounded schedule that accomodates to the lifestyle that makes you the most successful!