5 Ways to Reduce Anxiety

5 Ways to Reduce Anxiety

Five simple tips on how to manage and reduce anxiety.

47
5 Ways to Reduce Anxiety

At the young age of 16, I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and depression. It has taken me a few years to figure out ways to help reduce my anxiety and to help me stay motivated, and to continue to do the things that I love to do. Here are my personal favorite things I like to do to help me reduce anxiety.

Meditation

I love to meditate for a few minutes every day, it is a time for myself where I am able to breathe and relax. As well as to just focus on me and not on the outside world that is causing me anxiety and stress. Meditation allows me to center myself and my thoughts clearly. The fun thing about meditation is that there is no right or wrong way, there are many types of meditation practices, that will help you with all types of needs.

Avoid Social Media

I think avoiding social media for a few hours a day is a must. Many of us when we are on social media we get lost and stuck in a rabbit hole of this society, where they tell us that we have to be and act a specific way. when in reality we are all unique and should embrace who we are. Powering off allows your brain to connect with reality and to make choices for yourself that will bring you joy.

Make time for friends and family

It is important to reach out to the people that we love and to make time for them. When you make time for the people that you love its helps your mind and body tremendously. it keeps our mind off stressful situations in our own lives as well as our friends and family know how to bring out the best in us. They know how to talk to us, make us laugh, and give us joy.

Write

Writing down my feelings and emotions is the best form of therapy for me personally. If I am just feeling stuck and I do not know exactly how to cope. I just write down random things about my day or life in general, it helps me to relax and stay focus as well as open up to figuring out what my emotions are, that way I can reflect and improve within myself.

Outside activities

I am going, to be honest with you I am not the biggest fan of exercise, but as simple as going outside and going for a walk will help you reduce anxiety and stress. Doing outside activities allows you to focus and appreciate other things like nature and the activity that you are partaking in.