5 Ways to Perfect and Screw Up College

5 Ways to Perfect and Screw Up College

College is fun.. you just have to figure things out for yourself.

73
5 Ways to Perfect and Screw Up College
Google Images

We all know life isn't perfect. Nobody is perfect. Especially in college. College is different and difficult for most. It's the first time most people have been on their own, completely in charge of every aspect of their life. This means that there are plenty of ways to screw things up. And honestly, you're going to screw up for a while but eventually you'll figure things out for yourself and get into a routine.

Here are 5 ways you can screw up college:

1. Joining clubs and never going.

It is important to follow through on anything you join.

2. Saying "no" to people when they ask you to go out

I feel like it is really important to say yes to going out and meeting new people. Going out to have a fun night with some friends and see what the campus environment is like.

3. Not getting involved in anything.

Being involved on campus is important because college is full of opportunities so why not take advantage of them.

4. Not putting yourself out there and meeting new people.

Everyone is scared because college is a big change but it's the perfect opportunity to meet new people that you could be friends with for the rest of your life.

5. Not focusing on school and figuring out your study habits.

The most important thing in college is that you don't forget that you are there to study and work hard. If you forget that, your college experience is not going to go so well.

Here are 5 ways to perfect college:

1. Going to class

This seems pretty obvious but there are definitely days that you will not want to get up and go to class. You can only benefit from going to class and also, don't forget that that is the reason you are at school.

2. Be social in and outside of class

By this one I mean, don't be afraid to participate in class. This will go a long way with your professors. I also mean put yourself out there and meet new people. Everyone is in the same place with not knowing anyone, so it's the perfect time to make some friends.

3. Find the places you study best

Find where you can focus best and get your work done and make that where you study. This will help put you into a routine.

4. Call your parents when you need to and look for support

You might not want to do this after you're finally able to be on your own but, your parents are one of the best support systems you can have if you're struggling.

5. Have fun and try new things

Obviously college is about the hard work you do, but it's also about having fun and figuring things out for yourself. Enjoy it. College can be really fun if you let it. Don't be afraid. Step out of your comfort zone once in a while.