Ways To Relax
Education

5 Things To Do When You're In Need Of Some Self-Care

When life gets crazy focusing on yourself is a way to stay connected.

100
Gina Salvatore

When life gets crazy sometimes we need to take a step back and remove ourselves from the go-go-go lifestyle we tent to have. Even when we do want to take time away from our work, we often wonder, what do we do with our free time? Here are 5 ideas of things to do when you just need a break from reality.

1. Head to the beach

Gina Salvatore

Nothing says relaxation like the sun, sand, and waves crashing. Even if it is just for an hour or two, find yourself a good book and bask in the sun for a moment.

2. Take a walk around the park

Walking will help get you outdoors and into the fresh air. Getting in those 10,000 steps are proven to help improve your health and mood. Taking a walk outside can help clear your mind so you can focus on your day ahead.

3. Treat yourself to a sweet snack

Gina Salvatore

When was the last time that you truly treated yourself? Head to your local creamery or donut shop and treat yourself to something that you wouldn't have on a regular basis!

4. Read a book

Envelope yourself in a different world for a while. Sometimes stepping outside of ourselves can help us relax and take the focus away from what we have to do. You can also try reading an inspirational book that focuses on increasing productivity or one that focuses on saying yes to new opportunities to gain a different perspective.

5. Take a nap

How often do you get to unapologetically take a nap? We often feel that by taking a nap we are losing out on valuable time to do things on our to-do lists but taking a nap can help make us feel a little more refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day.