5 Ways To Tell That She Isn't That Into You

Girls aren't as complicated as you might think.

77
Life Hacks

Let's face it. Girls can be tricky creatures to understand. One second they're flirting with you, and the next they're not replying to your texts. She may just be busy, or maybe she's trying to give you a subtle hint that she only is interested in being friends. Here are 5 ways to tell if she isn't into you.

1. She's willing (and eager) to hook you up with her friends

No, she is probably not trying to make you jealous. If she liked you and wanted to make you jealous, she would find a guy to flirt with. She wouldn't try to set you up with her friend because you might fall in love with her friend and then she would have to watch you two ride into the sunset without her. She wouldn't risk it. If she is encouraging you to go out with her "totally hot" best friend, she probably wants to make it clear that she only views you as a friend.

2. She insists on referring to you as her "friend" more than normally

If she is constantly starting introductions with "This is my friend..." or she loves to say things like "I'm so glad we're friends," she is probably reinforcing the fact that you both are just friends. It's possible that she just really enjoys your friendship, but it might be a sign to move on. If she refers to you as her brother, it is definitely time to move on.

3. She doesn't reply to your text within 24 hours

If she's at a wedding, graduation, or other long, important event, give her a break. She's probably just busy. But let's say you texted her on an average Tuesday night and she never texted back. The next day, you ask if she got your message and she says "Sorry, I was busy. I had a ton of homework." This is probably a good sign that she purposely didn't reply or she didn't care enough to remember to reply. When I liked a boy, I stared at my phone hoping he would text me and always replied within a couple of hours so he would know I was interested. If she didn't care enough to reply within 24 hours, it may be time to move on.

4. She denies your request to hang out without making alternative plans

You ask her to go see a movie with you on Saturday night. If she says, "I can't. I have to go to a birthday party for my niece. Are you free on Friday or maybe next weekend?" then she may be into you. However, if she gives a generic excuse about having too much homework and doesn't ask to reschedule or she denies multiple plans without having a valid reason, her reason might just be that she doesn't want to lead you on.

5. She tells you she's just not into you like that

No, she's not playing hard to get, and no, you didn't misunderstand her. If you ask her out or share your feelings with her and she tells you she's not interested, she really isn't interested and you should spend your time and energy on a girl who wants to put as much effort into a relationship as you do. You don't want to be with a girl who doesn't want to be with you anyway.