5 Ways To Eliminate Toxic People From Your Life

Some People Come Into Our Lives Just To Show Us Why They Shouldn't Be In Our Lives.

2
Forbes

In my first years of college I met an extremely toxic person. I had no idea how to get him out of my life. Part of me felt that he was draining all of my energy. I felt that was not good enough, not only for him but for myself. He made me believe so many lies just so he could feel better about himself. Toxic people will take you down with them and make you feel extremely bitter if you let them. They are more detrimental to your health than you think. Catching a toxic person early in your friendship can help you avoid the pain that comes with them.

They lie a lot.

The stories they tell you never add up. One day they care about you and the next day they don't care what you do at all. You will most likely catch them in a lie and still be there for them. They will show full attention only for small periods of time because that's all they know. They'll tell you they are somewhere they are not, and they'll deceive you. When you catch them in a lie they'll deny the truth and try to make you seem wrong. They will always make you seem wrong and you won't know how to deal with it. It hurts you a lot but yet you'll put up with it because when you believe in someone that's what you do.

Know Where You Stand.

When they try to change you and they try to make you feel less of a person remember who you are. If you know the type of person you are then they can’t change you. Never let anyone manipulate you to your lowest and if you know the person is wrong it will help you a lot. Don’t let them push you to do things or go places you don’t want to.

They overuse the word sorry.

They say sorry anytime they know you are upset. I promise you they don’t mean a piece of it. They say sorry so they feel better about themselves and their behavior. Saying sorry won’t justify the way they keep breaking you. They don't want to actually resolve the issues so saying sorry makes them feel better.

They’ll act at their convenience.

They will only text you when they find it convenient to them. They will only talk to you when they want to and not when you need them. Sometimes people feel that they can treat you a certain way because you are an option to them. You need to find someone that puts you first and is there to support you always. At someone’s convenience isn’t the type of friendships you need or want. They only talk to you when they want to feel like a decent human being when they are not.

They will never be consistent.

They will keep you when they are bored but only that. They won’t consistently support you for a week let alone a month. A toxic person only looks out for themselves. So you need to look out for yourself in those situations. Be careful because if you get too invested you can get hurt. You need to be able to protect yourself and identify a hurtful toxic person. They will destroy your well being and thrive on your unhappiness.

Toxic people are the scariest kind of people to come across. They cross your path and you don’t even realize the damage until it’s already done. If you care about the people around you help them get out of these situations. Most commonly you would see a girl upset over a guy and he keeps being mean to her. Recognizing your worth is crucial and I wish more girls were able to see theirs. Chin up and eliminate the toxic people.