5 Ways To De-Stress At Temple University During Exams Week

Because we all need to de-stress at this time of the year.

51
Pexels.com

Apart from part-time jobs, internships, school assignments, and clubs and organizations, now you have to add on studying for your exams. It may seem impossible to get everything done in a timely manner, but we believe you can do it!

We also want to remind you to take a break once in a while, especially during exams week. Taking some time for yourself is healthy for both for your mind and your body. So...how do you de-stress at Temple University? We'll tell you how.

1. Attend a yoga class

If you didn't know already, the IBC Student Recreation Center offers various group fitness classes. We recommend taking either "Yoga" or "Mindfulness Meditation." Yoga will help stretch out your body. Once you're done with the class, we guarantee you'll leave feeling more aware and awake than when you came. "Mindfulness Meditation," on the other hand, will make you feel very relaxed. The lights will be turned off, soft music will be playing, and the only thing you'll hear is the instructor's voice. Unlike Yoga, Mindfulness Meditation is a 30-minute class, and will definitely make you feel so relaxed you'll want to take a nap afterwards. Learn more about the IBC group fitness classes by clicking here.

2. Workout at the gym

If Yoga or Mindfulness Meditation isn't for you, try lifting weights, going on the treadmill, or doing some sit ups. Some people prefer to relieve stress with an intense workout.

3. Be on the lookout for therapy dogs at the library

One of the best things to ever happen on campus is the therapy dogs! They can usually be found at the library, and let me tell you, just seeing and playing with the dogs will make you smile and forget about all of your worries.

4. Find a quiet place on campus

There are SO MANY relaxing places on campus to read, listen to music, or even take a nap. For example, you can go to Beury Beach, the upper floors of the Paley Library, or the study rooms in White Hall or Anderson Hall.

5. Take a nap!

Nothing beats a good nap. It will definitely be good for you, especially after staying up so late last night.

What other ways can you de-stress at Temple University? Comment down below!