5 Unsolved Mysteries To Haunt You Tonight

These mysteries are still unsolved, and may never be solved.

50
ahilerdiyari.blogspot.com

Unsolved mysteries are some of the most interesting, yet frustrating things to learn about. You get so invested in these stories and cases, yet have no definite answers, which can be unnerving. Unsolved mysteries are also scary because these horrible events occurred and people got away with them. In this article, I will be listing 6 unsolved mysteries that will get your mind brainstorming and ready for the Halloween season.

1. JonBenét Ramsey

20 years ago, JonBenet Ramsey was found dead in her Colorado home at the age of 6. This high-profile murder still remains unsolved, but society still has not forgotten about this poor little girl. JonBenet was a beauty pageant star and the daughter of Patsy and John Ramsey. She also had a brother named Burke. Her family was very wealthy and well-known in the community, and they seemed like a happy and loving family to the public. However, on Christmas night, JonBenet and her family returned from a Christmas party and went off to bed. In the morning, JonBenet's body was found in the basement of her home after her family reported her missing, just a few hours prior after finding a ransom note. There are a lot of odd aspects about the case. A lot of people believe the family had something to do with it because there were no signs of forced entry, the mother's finger prints were found all over the ransom note, and JonBenet's mother, Patsy, was also still wearing her clothes from the night before. There are many other inconsistencies with the family's story, but neither of the parents were ever charged with her murder. The case still remains unsolved.

2. Natalee Holloway

Natalee Holloway was an American teenager who went missing back in 2005 while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. She was last seen by her former classmates outside of a club located on the island. She was in a car with Joran van der Sloot, who was the boy she met on the island and seemed very interested in. Everyone realized she disappeared when she never showed up for her flight the next morning. Even with hundreds of volunteers and hard work from her parents putting her name out in the media, she was never found. Joran van der Sloot was questioned and even admitted to selling Natalee into sex slavery, but later he retracted that statement. He was never charged for her disappearance.

3.The Axeman

Back in 1918 and 1919, people of New Orleans were being tormented by an axe-wielding murderer. Over two years, he murdered at least 8 people. In a letter he wrote to the people of the city, the axeman claimed to be an evil spirit and went on to name the time that another person would be killed. The letter also stated that people were safe from getting murdered if they had a jazz band playing in their house. The axeman of New Orleans was never caught, but the murders mysteriously stopped in 1920. No one has been named the suspect, and this bizarre mystery is still unsolved to this day.

4. The Sodder Children

On Christmas Eve of 1945, a fire destroyed the Sodder home in West Virginia. In the home at the time were the parents and 9 of their 10 children. The parents and 2 of the children escaped, but 5 of the Sodder children did not. Strangely, after the fire was put out, they found no trace of the 5 children. Even some people on the scene said the fire didn't burn long or hot enough to totally consume the bodies. Soon after the fire occurred, people began to report that they saw the 5 children traveling with other adults. In 1968, a letter arrived with a picture claiming to be of Louis, one of the missing children. Despite this possible evidence, this mystery still remains unsolved.

5. Elisa Lam

Elisa Lam was a 21-yearold Canadian student at the University of British Columbia. She was recovered from a water tank on top of the Cecil Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles in 2013. She had been reported missing at the beginning of the month, and maintenance workers at the hotel discovered the body while they investigated guest complaints of problems with the water supply. Her disappearance was widely reported and popularized when elevator security camera footage released a video of the last time she was known to have been seen on the day of her disappearance. In the footage, Lam is seen exiting and re-entering the elevator, talking and gesturing in the hallway outside, showing very strange behavior. Many people reported that they found the video unsettling. Explanations ranged from claims of ghosts to bipolar disorder, which Lam suffered from. There are countless theories for this unsolved mystery, but unfortunately, it still remains unsolved.

All of these mysteries are unsettling and very chilling knowing that they are not solved and may never be solved. These are only 5, but unfortunately, there are tons and tons of unsolved mysteries. It is very scary to think about, but it's our reality.