5 Underrated Disney Movies

5 Disney Movies That Are Highly Underrated

Films people forgot or just didn't pay enough attention to.

50
Disney

When I find myself in times of trouble, Disney movies come to me...but some Disney movies don't come to a lot of people because, even though they are incredible, they have are not as popular as the other movies, or maybe they just never got the big break they deserved. So here are my top 5 underrated Disney movies.

PS: if you love these movies, you've got a friend in me

5. The Princess and the Frog

Even though she's a Disney princess, which should mean people hella appreciate Tiana and her movie, Princess and the Frog often goes unnoticed. Not only does it have some of the best songs, like "Friends from The Other Side" and "Ma Belle Evangeline", an amazing prince with a great character arch (Naveen is everything), and some beautiful animation, but it has a hardworking young woman with one of the best princess' songs ever (Almost There is extremely underrated). Ashidanza!

4. Atlantis: The Lost Empire 

I will never get why this movie isn't more acknowledged. It has everything, adventure, mythology, romance, comedy, betrayal, an extremely scary villain (who is scary because he is simply an evil human), redemption, and action. What else could you ask for? Milo Thatch is literally one of the most lovable and righteous Disney characters ever, Kida is a badass and extremely brave, the crew is diverse and well balanced, and it's over all a very enjoyable movie with a great message.

3. Brother Bear

I'm just going to start by saying I always felt this movie was like a brother to Tarzan. Why? Because Phil Collins made songs for both, songs which made both movies awesome and extremely memorable. Sadly, Brother Bear never got as much recognition or attention, but I rewatched it the other day and it is so good and wholesome. It's a story about personal growth, loss, belief, and love, and family. Not to mention the gorgeous visuals of the mountain lights and the animal spirits and the very wise Tanana. Also, Kodak is a precious little bear who deserves all the love in the world.

2. The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea

I am well aware that Disney sequels are not all the best, but this one was a bop hit. It's a very similar story to the first one, except this time Melody, Ariel and Eric's daughter, wants to be mermaid (she sings "For a Moment" aka one of the best Disney songs ever), there's no big romance, and Ursula's sister, Morgana, is a pretty good villain. It's a hidden gem.

1. Treasure Planet 

And finally Treasure Planet. The most underrated Disney film, and the greatest adventure there is. Disney's intergalactic take on "Treasure Island" takes us on a journey with Jim, a rebellious teenager who only wants more than his provincial little galactic town can offer (and an amazing theme song, "I'm still here") and his adventure when he finds a map to a treasure. This is by far one of the best Disney films out there.