School can sometimes take a toll on us especially now with coronavirus. From the fact of not being on a school campus to not seeing friends or being surrounded by like-minded people, it hasn't been the easiest for some. Here are 5 tips that'll help you get through the next semester and succeed at the same time throughout this time-period of uncertainty.
Getting started on an assignment can be the easiest thing.Flickr
1. WORK AHEAD: One of the things that has really helped was to work ahead of the class. Working ahead not only helps you make sure you get everything done, but it also allows you to have a back-up plan if things take a different turn the day before due date approaches.This is a good habit to start especially if you are one to procrastinate til the last minute. Even something as getting a head start on that essay can help.
Folders & Binders can help keep you organized.assets.rebelmouse.io
2. BE ORGANIZED: Being organized in a class can help you make sure you always have everything you need, when you need it and where you need it. A binder with dividers or a folder for each class can help make sure you know where each assignment goes and where. Staying home does not have to mean you have to leave your desk a mess or not have a space to protect your work.
Doesn't have to be a huge planner, a simple monthly outline can help.assets.rebelmouse.io
3. WRITE IT DOWN: Your life will be so much easier if you have an plan out your day and what needs to get done. Do one for what needs to get done today and what needs to get done throughout the week. As soon as one of the items is complete, check it off/cross it off. Having a list of what needs to get done can help make sure you get all your work done and helps keep you motivated.
4. TAKE TIME OFF: Education is important but it's not everything you need to be doing 24/7. Throughout this time of uncertainty especially, take some time off for yourself. Whether that be sitting down and watching tv or just catching up with friends, remember to let yourself relax for a little bit. You're not the only one going through this right now.
5. DRESS FOR SUCCESS: We all know that during this quarantine you wanna be comfortable but that does not mean you have to dress down in sweatpants. Get up and get dressed every morning on the days you would head to classes. Now, that does not mean you have to do the whole glam look, but a little mascara or lip-gloss can go a long way.