5 Tips to Help You Manage Finals Stress

5 Tips to Help You Manage Finals Stress

Studying for finals can be hard, here is some advice to help you combat your stress.

9
5 Tips to Help You Manage Finals Stress
Huffington Post

It's reached that time of year again: finals are just around the corner. You could be like Freshman-year me, ignoring it until the night before my first final paper, or like my current roommate who has completed her final paper two weeks early. No mattered what approach you take to finals, you will without a doubt experience stress in the last weeks of the semester. Here are five ways to make it through finals.

1. Do your laundry

There's nothing more relaxing to me than the smell of freshly washed laundry and is a task that is both satisfying and productive. If you're like me and leave laundry to the last minute it will be a good destresser. What could be better than waking up the next day to find anything you want to wear is clean.

2. Make an agenda

As little fun I have doing this, planning out everything I need to do helps me significantly with my finals stress. Knowing what I have due and having it written out on a sheet of paper keeps everything organized. This is one thing that always reassures me that I can make it through finals!

3. Make a Study Playlist

Go on to Spotify, Apple Music, or anything you use to listen to music and make or find yourself a playlist suited to studying. Making playlist is one of the ways I keep myself in a certain mindset usually, music is how I focus. While making my study playlists I focus on slower songs that I don't find distracting and can work over.

4. Scream

Use your voice to release your anxieties into the world. I think it's better to yell at this point than cry. However, if you feel as if this could alert your neighbors scream into a pillow.

5. Sleep and Hydrate

Sleep is crucial for a well-functioning body and mind. Durning finals you'll need both so try to stay on your normal sleep schedule. It is better to get sleep than study obsessively without sleep for your finals. Also, drink plenty of water to allow your body to stay healthy and feeling good as you finish up your classes.