5 Tips I wish I knew as Freshman

5 Tips I wish I knew as Freshman

The best five tips I can give college freshmen and how to be successful in college.

16
5 Tips I wish I knew as Freshman
Odyssey

There are some things I wish I had known when I was a freshmen. Now that my first year is behind me, I have some tips to all the new freshmen, so freshmen please listen up!! These tips just might save your little first year life.

Freshman Tips:

Tip #1

Don't stress about not having any friends. Making friends is so much easier than you think, just be yourself and you will find people that share the same interests as you. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Get out of your dorm and meet new people. You won't regret it in the long run.

Tip #2

I can't stress this enough, join a organization!!! Whether it is a sorority or student government, join it. Joining an organization is something everyone should do, even if you are not a freshmen.Try to join as many as you can handle because, the more you are involved in, the better your resume will be. Also you get to meet new people and you even get a little break from studying. What can be any better than that?

Tip #3

With that being said, study, study, study!!!! Honestly if you don't study, you will fail, especially at Southwestern University. Find a study group within your classes and ask them to study with you. Having a study group is a great thing because if you don't understand something than they are able to help you out. But if they don't understand something than you are able to help them out, which is a great study tool to help relearn the material that you already know.

Tip #4

Don't go out every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday night!!! No matter how bad you want to get lit with your friends, pick a night that you are going to stay in and study. Yeah, it may suck that everyone is having a good time out at the frats, but trust me you will thank me later on down the road.

Tip #5

Last but not least, Have fun!!! These are the best years of your life and you don't want to remember them as the times where you were always stressed out over a test, or a boy. College is a fun place, you just have to pick the right time to have fun.

Best of Luck Freshmen,

Karly Jo