Incoming freshmen tips

5 Tips For Incoming Freshmen From A Seasoned Vet

It's Back-to-School month!

589

It's officially August, which means many of us leave home for a few months to this thing called college. To those of you that start your college adventure in merely weeks, here are 5 tips I think could help you out!

1. Don’t underestimate the hatred you will have for 8:30am classes

Honestly, no matter how early you used to wake up in high school, it is NOT the same.

2. Plan out your 'study days' so you can enjoy the 'party days'

I know it sounds basic, but you never truly understand how easily time flies by until you have an event you really want to go to and you need to study because you didn't do anything all week.

3. Go to your school games, no matter how good or bad they are

You'll enjoy every minute of it with your friends, believe me.

4. Don't feel pressured to do anything for the sake of fitting in

You don't want to go to that frat party your friends are talking about? Don't go! Stand your ground, do what you think is best and everything will work itself out.

5. Enjoy it

Freshman year went by so quickly, I didn't even realize I was going to sophomore year until like two weeks ago. Enjoy your first year in your new home and remember, if next summer you don't want to be back in your college town by July, you're probably not in the college!