5 Tips For Bad Days

5 Tips For Bad Days

Depression and self-confidence problems.
0

When you're suffering from depression it is nearly impossible to retain any sort of self-worth. You think that you're worthless. You think that no one will possibly love you. It is impossible to look in the mirror and be happy with what you see. I know, I've been there and sometimes I'm still there. I've stared at myself in the mirror and wished that I was thinner, prettier, and that someone would love me. The experience is different for everyone, but it is hell no matter what level you are on. Here are some tips that I find to be especially helpful when I am feeling down in the doldrums.

1. Take a deep breath.

You've woken up in a slum again, what now? Take a deep breath, darling. Wash away the morning shine from your face and look long and hard in the mirror. Breathe. Do you see your chest rising and falling? That is beautiful. You are beautiful. Just breathe.

2. Put on something that makes you feel confident.

The worst thing that you can do when you already feel down is to dress down. Sure sweats and hoodies are comfortable, but you don't need comfort you need confidence. Put on that outfit that makes you feel sexy and you rock it! You're going to feel silly at first, but once Laughing when you're upset is hard, I know. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. Let their happiness infect you, it'll make you feel better! Go out and do something with your friends! Go out and do something by yourself! Explore, read a book, try a new food! Do something to free yourself from your own mind for a little while! You retain a few compliments and turn some heads, you'll feel better.

3. Eat some food!

If you're at all like me, you see thin and pretty people and you lose your appetite wishing you looked like them. Don't! You are beautiful. Eat your favorite comfort food (mine's cookie dough!) and let it's healing powers make you feel better. How can you be sad when you're eating your favorite food? You can't.

4. Laugh.

Laughing when you're upset is hard, I know. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. Let their happiness infect you, it'll make you feel better! Go out and do something with your friends! Go out and do something by yourself! Explore, read a book, try a new food! Do something to free yourself from your own mind for a little while!

5. Sleep.

Sleep is the body's equivalent of turning something on and off to reset it. You've exhausted yourself today and you've earned some rest. Put on your most comfortable pajamas and seek solace under your covers. Pandora has an amazing sleepy time radio that is perfect for lulling even the worst demons away. Put it on and close your eyes beautiful. You've earned it.

Depression is hell, but you don't have to feel like it. You can be self-confident and suffer from mental illness. Throw on a killer outfit and go out and slay! Remember, you are beautiful!