5 Times You Thought You Took An L But You Didn't

You might have thought you were losing, but you weren't.

36

Many instances in our lives we thought we were taking a loss. We were miserable in these times. Sometimes for days, weeks, months, and sometimes even years. You may have thought it would never get better. However, as long as you think positive, see the bright side of things, and keep moving forward one day you will reflect on life and see you weren't taking the L you thought you were.

1. When you thought you lost the "love of your life."

That guy that you dated for a while and you thought you'd marry someday, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. Be thankful that it's over. Whether it didn't feel right to you, the relationship was toxic, or if he broke it off with you. Let him go, because your happiness is of utmost importance and you have no time to waste on being sad. At the time you're going through this breakup, you think it's the end of the world, but come to find out: it's not. Your life is far from over! It's just beginning. When things don't work out its all apart of God's divine plan. He has someone in store for you who is perfect for you and all you have do is wait.

2. When your "friend" dropped you.

You may have thought that your friendship was destined to last forever, but sometimes people grow apart or just aren't compatible. You don't need anyone that doesn't need you. There are 7.5 billion people in this world and you are better off losing the one who didn't see your worth. If you were a great friend to this person and offered her a real friendship and she let that go, that's her loss, not yours. It may have hurt but in the end it was for the best and God will send you the people that you are meant to have in your life.

3. If your family situation wasn't ideal.

Growing up, you may have felt like your home life was unfair and you wondered why you couldn't have the picture perfect families that you saw on television. You may have even seen your friends who had a better home life than you and you didn't understand why life was so unkind to you. It seems like a giant L that you didn't ask for or deserve. However, it really isn't. Should you have had to endure it? Of course not. No one should, but there is something about growing up and going through things that really puts you on top in the end. When you've been through things you have a heart that is open to others. You know what its like to go through certain things so you can be there for someone else and be understanding. You can see your bad situation and choose to make better situations and know what not to do. It may seem like a loss, but you can turn it into a win if you choose.

4. When that boy you liked didn't like you back.

Many girls have been in the situation where they really liked this one guy who just didn't reciprocate feelings. It seems like the end of the world. You question why you're not good enough, and you can't see what could be so wrong with you. The truth is, it's nothing. There are just some people who aren't going to like you. Sometimes people just aren't compatible. It just means that if this person didn't see all that's so great about you and see potential in you, then that was not your person. The amazing news is that it means your person is still out there and you're going to meet them someday. They're going to feel for you the same you do for them and you will be happier with them than you ever would've been with the one who didn't feel the same.

5. When you really wanted something and you didn't get it.

We all want things whether it be that one job you applied for and really wanted or that new phone everyone is upgrading to but you just can't afford right now. It's okay. You're not losing and you're not missing out. It's okay not to have the latest and greatest of everything, it's okay to not get the job, it's okay to have to work for things and set goals for yourself. If we could all have everything we wanted at the touch of a finger there would be no incentive to work hard for anything. You will be so much more appreciative of things when you work really hard for them and get them when the time is right. Also, we have to remember that some things aren't meant to be. If you went in for a job interview and didn't get the job, there's no reason to gripe and moan about it. It just means that it wasn't right for you and God will open another door, a better door! Maybe it wasn't the right fit for you anyways.

Think positive!