We all will encounter that time in our life where the stars will align and we believe we have found our soulmate. The one who makes you laugh until you cry, your confidant when it comes to your dirty little secrets, the Peter Pan to your Wendy- keeping each other forever young, but picturing yourselves an old grey couple together and feeling the butterflies emerge in your stomach. Your person. And while they may turn out to truly be the one we have been waiting for, sometimes unfortunate circumstances like school, death, cross-country jobs, being at very different points in your life, or them simply having a massive brain-fart and breaking up with you will tear you apart. While these series of unfortunate events may have not, thankfully, happened to you or ever will, it is still a good idea to strap on our big girl pants and realize that sh** does happen, and it is better to know you will survive without him rather than pulling an Ophelia suicide or even worse, channeling your inner Elle Woods by eating bon-bons in bed for days and needing a major mani makeover.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F10%2F26%2F635814992318604190-1603970364_tumblr_no8ymlTHUl1tzq2cgo2_500.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=179&h=6431a9d28f1d48a86a16396a643e47b0e951a7aa900e5e54a19a4882da87b618&size=980x&c=3283035218 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F10%252F26%252F635814992318604190-1603970364_tumblr_no8ymlTHUl1tzq2cgo2_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D179%26h%3D6431a9d28f1d48a86a16396a643e47b0e951a7aa900e5e54a19a4882da87b618%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3283035218%22%7D" expand=1]
- When I met a bunch of 70-year-old ladies at the bar. And they were killing it. These gals were dancing, singing and going harder with the fireball shots than I was. Even better, they were all single. When they drunkenly divulged their love stories, of how some of them were divorced, their husbands had died, or things just had not worked out the way they planned, but they all were happy because they had each other, I immediately drunk texted all my best girl friends an oh-so-sappy “Hoes before bros 4ever” because you can live without him if you have your best friends by your side.
- The time Meredith Grey said she can live without McDreamy, but did not want to, and he STILL died. Despite her, and our, earth shattering event she still goes on to channel her inner bad b**ch by having Derek’s baby and being a doctor again. If Meredith can go on, so can we.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F10%2F27%2F635815011293022654943275675_tumblr_m8jjf8Fx5a1qbh42mo1_r1_500.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=985&h=9b7e4283e7cc9bc1aff3166fd75b07f7ff9e9e87e1615a5bbcfd6cda913caf40&size=980x&c=3899719012 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F10%252F27%252F635815011293022654943275675_tumblr_m8jjf8Fx5a1qbh42mo1_r1_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D985%26h%3D9b7e4283e7cc9bc1aff3166fd75b07f7ff9e9e87e1615a5bbcfd6cda913caf40%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3899719012%22%7D" expand=1]
- Every day when I see single women raising children on their own. I always say that if I was to die tomorrow, my biggest miss-out on life was not being able to have and raise kids. And while I hope I have the opportunity to do it with my soulmate, single mothers everywhere, especially the ones who are by choice, are proving that men are really just needed for one thing... Basically, that just goes to show that men are the equivalent to a turkey baster and donation from you local sperm bank.
- When Jack froze to death and gracefully sank to the bottom of the Atlantic, yet Rose still had a super awesome life. Riding horses, flying on planes, having some really stellar pictures taken. She kept her promise by seeing the world, having babies and dying as an old woman, warm in her bed. If life with your soulmate does not work out in this lifetime, maybe it will take a cue from the Titanic and you will be reunited in the next.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F10%2F27%2F635815020389592258-1555593124_Nr1Q7HA.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=816&h=5d723b3dbca4fdb4d4c4c7d382896c9e01c210e9a7754c5e82fb64822830d253&size=980x&c=539061036 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F10%252F27%252F635815020389592258-1555593124_Nr1Q7HA.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D816%26h%3D5d723b3dbca4fdb4d4c4c7d382896c9e01c210e9a7754c5e82fb64822830d253%26size%3D980x%26c%3D539061036%22%7D" expand=1]
- Every time I look into my soulmate's eyes and feel how much I love him, but realize that I love me more. I would never let someone else affect my life goals and dreams.
Just like Elle, all of us girls eventually come out of our funk and realize our own self-worth. Quoting the girl bible itself, Sex and the City, “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just the people to have fun with,” so even if he does leave, there is still everything to live for.